Bedford–Stuyvesant is often referred to as Bed–Stuy and is a neighborhood located in the northern section of Kings County, Brooklyn. The zip-codes are 11205, 11206, 11216, 11221, 11233, 11238.
When a large truck is involved in a serious accident with another vehicle, the insurance company covering the trucking company are known to send investigators and other personnel within hours of the collision. And their goal is quite simple and straightforward: mitigate their exposure. If you or someone you know was injured in a Bed-Stuy truck accident you need someone to look out for your best interests. A Bed-Stuy truck accident lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC can help you through this difficult time and help you recover the compensation to which you are entitled.
We work closely with our clients to pursue the full compensation they deserve, for the payment of medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and other losses. We offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions. Call 212-240-9465 to discuss your case now!
In our experience, trucking accidents are often caused by:
- Distracted drivers
- Merging in a dangerous or negligent manner
- Texting while driving
- Following other vehicles without leaving the proper space
- Lane changes that are improper or dangerous
- Drug and/or alcohol abuse
- Fatigued truck drivers who violate hours of service rules
- Truckers who violate Federal and State laws in place for safety
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks and loads shift in the trailer
- Driving too given the prevailing road and weather conditions
Who Is Responsible for the Truck Accident?
There are several parties that may be held responsible for your Bedford Stuyvesant trucking accident. Identifying all of them before filing suit will help speed the case along and maximize potential recovery. Our truck accident lawyers will work diligently to determine who should be held accountable based on the cause of the collision, vehicle ownership, whether the driver was an employee or contractor, and other factors.
One or more of the following parties may be liable for a Bed-Stuy trucking accident:
- The trucking company
- The owner of the freight being hauled
- The owner of the trailer, which is often different from the cab of the truck
- The truck driver
- The loading/shipping company
As a result, truck accidents may involve multiple parties and their insurance carriers.
Why Properly Investigating a Truck Accident Is Crucial
Accidents involving trucks can be complicated if you do not have the right truck accident lawyer representing your interests. Trucking insurers know the exposure faced and invest a lot of money, time and resources regarding these claims. Accordingly, if you are a victim of a truck accident, you need to have sufficient evidence to successfully convince the insurance companies for settlement or the jury at trial that you should get money for the injuries you have sustained and the pain and suffering you have endured.
Thorough truck accident investigations help to dig deeper into the facts of the accident, leading to discovery of the following information:
Driver's Log Violation
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, (FMCSA) rules require that each truck driver log into his driving time through 49 CFR § 395.8. The driver also has to list each stop made during their travels. All of these things can be done through electronic means. The rules play a major role in minimizing driver fatigue, which is one of the major causes of trucking accidents. Therefore, driver log analysis may show if the Rules were violated, and if such a violation led to the accident.
To suppress evidence, the trucking companies can move quickly to remove the truck from the scene of the accident. A timely investigation should therefore be conducted to avoid evidence disappearing. Pictures are also helpful because they will show the extent of the damage done and also show the points of impact.
Because large trucks and tractor-trailers weigh significantly more than the average automobile, serious injuries can result.
Some of the more common injuries we've seen as the result of a Bedford-Stuyvesant Truck Accident include:
- Soft-tissue neck & back injuries
- Brain injuries, sometimes referred to as TBI
- Fractured bones
- Lacerations, bruises and contusions
- Broken ribs
- Internal injuries
What to Expect When You Choose Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC
- We assume all the risk. There are never any attorneys' fees unless we recover for you.
- We know insurance law and are familiar with insurance practices. Insurance companies will do anything they can to minimize their exposure, even delay your claim or offer an unfairly low settlement. We have the experience and resources to maximize your recovery.
- Speak directly to an attorney. You will not speak to an assistant or paralegal; you will have upfront access to your attorney. That is our promise to you.
If you have been injured in a Bedford Stuyvesant trucking accident, contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you!