Brighton Beach is a neighborhood located in the southern portion of Brooklyn within the greater Coney Island area along the coastline. The zip code is 11235.
Most everyone enjoys bicycle riding. In the everyday hustle bustle of our fast pace world, biking is a wonderful way to relax and spend quality time with family and friends.
Unfortunately, however, Brighton Beach bicycle accidents happen much too frequently. As a result, it's extremely important for cyclists to fully understand their legal rights in the event of an accident and turn to an experienced bicycle injury attorney if involved in a cycling crash.
Ways to Reduce the Risk of Sustaining a Personal Injury in a Brooklyn Bike Crash
- Ride a bike that fits you—if it's too big, it's harder to control the bike.
- Ride a bike that works—it really does not matter how well you ride if the brakes don't work.
- Wear equipment to protect you and make you more visible to others, like a bike helmet, bright clothing (during the day), reflective gear, and a white front light and red rear light and reflectors on your bike (at night, or when visibility is poor).
- Ride one per seat, with both hands on the handlebars, unless signaling a turn.
- Carry all items in a backpack or strapped to the back of the bike.
- Tuck and tie your shoe laces and pant legs so they don't get caught in your bike chain.
- Plan your route—if driving as a vehicle on the road, choose routes with less traffic and slower speeds. Your safest route may be away from traffic altogether, in a bike lane or on a bike path.
Do Helmets Really Help Bicycle Riders?
- Concussion awareness is forcing all manufacturers to offer some form of technology claimed to mitigate rotational force in 2020. New helmet liners are pushing beyond the thin layer MIPS slip-plane and providing a thicker inner layer that can deform directionally. Consumer Reports says your first consideration in buying a new helmet should be rotational impact energy performance. We think fit, coverage and a well-rounded smooth exterior are more important in the widest range of dangerous impacts.
What Are the Common Causes of Brooklyn Bicycle Accidents?
Tragically bicycle accidents occur in many different ways. No two bike accidents are the same.
Bicycle drivers need to be prepared, take precautions and be aware of potential dangers.
The different types and causes of bike crashes include:
- Poor roads - unfortunately not all roads are safe. Potholes, litter on the road and other obstructions can cause havoc; they distract bike riders and car drivers with serious results.
- Dooring - how many times have we seen a car driver open a door without carefully looking? It only takes a split second for unsuspecting, traffic abiding, bicyclists, to pay the price.
- Rear ending - when a driver tailgates another car, the results can be very unfortunate. When it happens to a bike rider, the outcome can be devastating.
- Pedestrian - even when bicyclists have the right of way, they need to be extremely careful when pedestrians violate basic traffic laws. Accidents happen when bike riders attempt to avoid these pedestrians.
- Bike Lanes - bike lanes are meant to protect bikers and provide them with a safe and enjoyable haven. Too often car drivers end up veering into bicycle lanes creating dangerous results.
- Negligent motorists
- Left hand turns - left hand turns might save time and get one to their destination quicker; but they need to be executed according to law, properly and cautiously. Dangerous ones cause too many accidents.
- Intoxicated drivers - drunk drives are a menace to society. They cause deaths and serious injuries. Bike riders are too often the victims.
The law provides seriously injured cyclists with the right to seek compensation from the negligent party. Injured bicyclists can turn to the experienced bicycling attorney at the Law Firm of Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC who can assist at every stage of the complicated legal process; from notifying the insurance carriers (yours and the other parties') filing the case in Court and trial if necessary.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Brighton Beach Brooklyn Bicycle Accident Injuries?
When a young child learning to ride a bike falls off their bike, scrapes a knee and cries, it tugs at your heart and we know that it is all part of growing up. But a serious bicycle injury resulting from bicycle accidents has potentially life altering consequences.
Bicycle accident injuries can cause many injuries including, but not limited to:
- Brain Injuries - from mild concussions to head wounds to traumatic brain injury
- Facial lacerations and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Breaks and fractures - hands, legs, jaws, teeth
- Joint injuries requiring surgery
What is Liable for Brooklyn Bicycle Accidents?
- Every bicycle accident is different. Most bike accident cases occur as a result of negligence on the part of the person who crashed into the bicyclist, but there are always many factors that come into play in any given situation. Therefore, bike accident attorneys can help you determine negligence and will work every step of the way to make sure you are able to recover the monetary compensation you deserve for your injuries. Your personal injury lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC will understand how the relevant bicycle laws impact your specific case.
What Are Your Rights as the Victim of a Brooklyn Bicycle Accident?
- Your legal remedies and personal injury claim as a bicycle accident victim are similar to those of someone injured in a car crash. First, anyone who is suffering from an injury after a bicycle accident should immediately call the police or 911 and tell them you need medical assistance. If you can, take pictures of the crash scene and the cars involved so that you can show a lawyer. Make sure everyone is safe and get all of the medical assistance you need. Then, seek the help of a bicycle accident attorney before you talk to an insurance adjuster or a private investigator hired by an insurance company. There are multiple challenges in the process of filing a bicycle accident claim, therefore, you should consult with an attorney who can fight for your rights.
Our bike accident attorney team at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC will advocate on your behalf throughout the legal process. We are aggressive in negotiating with an insurance company, and we're equally prepared to take your case to court. Our goal is to recover monetary damages for such losses as, but not limited to:
- Past and future medical bills;
- Past and Future lost wages;
- Pain and suffering;
- Scarring and disfigurement;
- Diminished quality of life; and,
- All other amounts allowed by law.
If you have been injured in a Brighton Beach Brooklyn Bicycle Accident due to someone else's negligence, contact the Brighton Beach Accident Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!