Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Bronx County was the last of the 62 counties of New York State to be incorporated. Although the Bronx is the third most densely populated county in the U.S., about a quarter of its area is open space, including Woodlawn Cemetery, Van Cortlandt Park, Pelham Bay Park, the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo. Zip codes in the Bronx include 10467, 10456, 10458, 10453, 10468, 10457, 10452 and 10462.
Bronx Bus Accident Attorney
Large vehicles like passenger buses would make you believe that you would be well protected, but when one gets into an accident on the Bronx County Roads, the results can be harrowing. When this happens to you or to a loved one, you deserve legal representation from a Bronx bus accident attorney that puts your best interests first. You will also likely have many questions about what to do next, wondering how your medical bills, and how to ensure that your legal interests are best protected.
We have more than a decade of experience helping bus accident injury victims involved in accidents throughout the City of New York and we know that following a crash, figuring out how to proceed can be daunting. That's why you need an experienced personal injury attorney on your side, fighting for you!
Types of Bronx NYC Bus Accidents
Whether you take public transportation on a regular basis, or you drive to work every day, you're sure to see tons of buses on the road throughout the Bronx. But when buses and passenger automobiles collide, it is often times devastating. Think about the massive size and weight of a bus as opposed to a car, pedestrian or bicyclist. Because of the sheer size and weight of buses, they can destroy other cars, and potentially ruin lives. All of these buses are large and heavy, which means they cause serious damage when they are involved in an accident.
Bus Company Negligence
When a bus driver is negligent, many times their employer is as well. The law requires bus companies to make sure their drivers are well trained, properly licensed, and their fleet of buses regularly receives maintenance.
But not all bus companies follow the rules. When they don't, you could end up in the hospital. Bus companies may:
- Not properly train their drivers
- Fail to properly screen drivers
- Improper bus maintenance
Initially you may think that since you can't sue the weatherman or Mother Nature, then you have no case. But this is simply not true. It is often times the actions and/or inactions of motorists upon the road in bad weather that causes accidents.
Bad weather requires careful driving by a well-trained professional. If the bus driver drives too fast or without proper training for the bad weather conditions, the driver and the bus company may be liable for your injuries.
In many bus accident cases, you may not know if the bus driver, bus company, or both are liable for your injuries. That's why you need to hire the experienced attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to help you and guide you after your bus crash.
Common Bronx Bus Accident Injuries
Buses are extremely large and heavy vehicles. When they come to a fast stop, they can cause serious injury to passengers on board the bus and passengers of other vehicles. The reality is, people in smaller vehicles many times find themselves suffering injuries that are significantly worse than the bus passengers.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a bus accident, whether while riding a bus or in another vehicle, you may face serious injuries, including:
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- The need for Amputations
- The need for invasive surgery
Even the bills associated with seemingly minor injuries can add up quickly. Your key focus should be getting better, not figuring out how to pay mounting medical bills.
To help keep you focused, work with an experienced Bronx bus accident lawyer. When you do, you can get help holding the negligent party liable for your injuries so you do not have to pay out of pocket.
Steps to Take After Your Bronx County Bus Accident
The steps you take immediately following your bus accident can play an important role in your ability to recover compensation for your injuries.
Following these steps may help you recover faster and get back to your regular life.
- Call 911. After any accident where there are injuries, it's a good idea to call for help. When the police arrive, they may speak with you and with witnesses. They may also create a diagram of the bus accident in a police report. This objective report can help show who is to blame for the accident and your injuries.
- Do not refuse medical help. When the police arrive, they may bring medical personnel with them. Do not refuse their help. Your adrenaline is pumping and you may have injuries you do not know about. After your bus accident, go see your regular doctor. They can give you a full evaluation and may want to see you frequently to ensure your recovery is progressing.
- Take pictures and speak to witnesses. If you are able, take pictures of the bus accident. You want pictures of the bus, any other vehicles, the entire accident scene, and your injuries. These images can help paint a picture of your pain and suffering. Also, speak with witnesses. Some people will not wait around to speak with the police so you at least want to get their contact information so we can speak with them later. They may provide insights about the moments leading up to your bus accident that could help determine who is at fault.
- Keep a journal. As you progress through your recovery process, you may forget the daily struggle and hurdles you had to overcome to get back on your feet. By keeping a journal, you can better recall what it took for you to get better. This can show what you endured on your path to recovery and will help us maximize your financial recovery.
Finally, speak with our skilled and experienced Bronx bus accident lawyers.
Damages You Might Seek
Depending on the severity of your bus accident injuries, you could face a long road to recovery. But you should not face this road alone, nor should you be the one paying for your medical assistance.
We can work together to try to get you compensation for:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Loss of companionship
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
Many bus accident victims fail to understand what their recovery will cost. When you work with us, we can help you create an accurate estimate of your future medical needs. You may face:
- Extended periods of time out of work
- Inability to return to the same type of work
- Long hospital stays
- Rehabilitation in a facility
- In-home care
- Prescription drug costs
If you do not factor in your future medical needs, you could quickly find yourself in financial hardship. And that is not a place you want to be when your sole focus should be your physical recovery.
5-STAR GOOGLE REVIEW
Mr. Redenburg was very helpful in aiding us through our case. This was my first time ever going through something like this and he was able to help take off a lot of the stress I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs legal advice.
If you have been injured in the Bronx due to someone else's negligence, contact the Bronx Bus Accident lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!