Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Bronx Personal Injury Attorney
Bronx County was the last of the 62 counties of New York State to be incorporated. Although the Bronx is the third most densely populated county in the U.S., about a quarter of its area is open space, including Woodlawn Cemetery, Van Cortlandt Park, Pelham Bay Park, the New York Botanical Garden and the Bronx Zoo. Zip codes in the Bronx include 10467, 10456, 10458, 10453, 10468, 10457, 10452 and 10462.
Were you injured in a Bronx County accident caused by someone else's negligence? If so, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You need Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
We'll put our more than 15 years of experience to work for you. Whether you've been injured in a car accident, workplace accident, slip and fall accident, or lost a loved one, we will stand up to help you get the money you need after tragedy strikes.
Contact Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC at 212-240-9465 today to schedule your free, no-obligation in-office consultation today.
Why Hire Michael J, Redenburg, Esq. PC For Your Bronx Personal Injury Case?
After you're injured in an accident, recovering compensation is one of the most important things that you can do to secure your future. It may also prove to be quite difficult without an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side.
We are committed to giving your case the individual attention it deserves. And when you call us for help after an accident in the Bronx, you will not pay any legal fees up front because we work on a contingency fee basis and only get paid at the end if we're successful on your behalf. That's our NO WIN-NO FEE Promise to you!
That's right – we do not receive a fee for our services unless we get a settlement or verdict on your behalf. So, you have nothing to lose.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
Only an experienced personal injury attorney can tell you for sure. But, if you've been injured and suffered financial losses due to someone else's negligence, you may very well have a viable personal injury case.
Personal Injuries can arise from many incidents, such as:
- Car collisions
- Slip and fall cases
- Construction accidents
- Motorcycles accidents
- Uber/Lyft crashes
If you've been hurt in an accident, contact our Bronx personal injury law firm for a free case evaluation. We will listen to what happened and let you know if you have a valid personal injury case.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in the Bronx, New York
We handle all personal injury matters, including car accidents, motorcycle collisions, trucking crashes, bicycle accidents, and more. Learn more below, or contact our lawyers for more details.
An unexpected auto accident in The Bronx can be devastating and leaving you wondering what to do next. Which is why you should hand over the legal end of things to an experienced personal injury attorney. We will fight tirelessly to hold negligent parties and/or their insurers fully accountable for the harm they've caused. We'll investigate, determine the cause of your auto accident, and gather the evidence that is necessary to secure meaningful compensation.
Riding a bike is quite dangerous in the Bronx. There are personally owned bicycles as well as rental bicycles cruising all over the Cities' streets and even the sidewalks. There's very little to separate you from large vehicles on the road. After an accident, others involved in the crash may try to point fingers and pin the blame on you.
When you call our Bronx bicycle accident lawyers for assistance, you can rest assured that we'll do everything we can to protect you. We will collect evidence and build a strong case designed to secure the money you need.
They have surged in the Bronx in recent years. Unfortunately, it's usually the pedestrian who suffers the consequences. Because a pedestrian is afforded no protection, these accidents can result in serious injuries and sometimes even fatalities. If you've been hit by a car, you'll most certainly have a need for economic compensation. The Bronx Pedestrian Accident Lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC will go above and beyond to obtain compensation on your behalf. Get the representation you deserve by reaching out to us today.
Collisions involving big 18-Wheelers and box trucks often result in catastrophic injuries.These cases are often complicated – they frequently involve multiple parties and require technical experts to analyze the cause of the accident. If you've been injured in a trucking accident, it's a good idea to consult with the Bronx trucking accident lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to make sure the root cause of the accident is timely investigated. Following an in-depth investigation, we'll seek damages from the truck driver, trucking company, or any other negligent third party.
Construction Site Accidents
Bronx construction sites can be the scene of horrific accidents. There is heavy machinery often times including bull dozers, forklifts, pile drivers and other earth moving equipment. An injury sustained on site can impact nearly every aspect of your life. It can prevent you from working and cost thousands of dollars in medical bills. Fortunately, many workers in New York are entitled to worker's compensation from their own employer, but it is important to note that this will not prevent the injured worker from seeking recovery against a negligent third-party such as another contractor on site or the manufacturer of a defective product that was used and caused injury.
A dog bite can turn your life upside down – causing severe injury, chronic pain, and emotional trauma. In New York, you might be able to hold a dog's owner accountable for injuries resulting from a dog bite. However, you'll need an experienced attorney on your side.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Whether you're dealing with an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit, the defendant(s) will be represented by skilled attorneys. These lawyers will know how to handle cases like yours and have proven strategies to get favorable results for their clients. If you want to win your case and maximize your financial recovery, you need to level the playing field.
You can do that by calling our Bronx personal injury attorneys for help. We've gone up against the biggest insurance providers and toughest attorneys in the state of New York and have been successful in recovering for our inured clients.
You Deserve Time to Focus on You
After a serious accident, you need time to focus on yourself and get better. That's tough to do when you are trying to deal with the stress and complications that accompany a lawsuit. Fortunately, there's a great solution: hiring our lawyers. We will handle every aspect from start to finish.
You May Need Experts to Prove Your Case
Accidents are complicated. They are rarely straightforward. In reality, a lot of different things can contribute to a crash or fall. When that happens, multiple parties might be at-fault and on the hook for resulting damages. Reputable lawyers will have a panel of experts at their disposal to help support your case.
These professionals will examine all of the evidence and can help determine and prove critical aspects of your case, such as:
- The precise cause of the accident
- The cause and extent of your injuries
- An accurate estimate of your reduced earning capacity
Accident reconstructionists, economists, medical experts, forensic scientists, toxicologists—whatever you need to make your case as strong as it can be—our team can provide it.
You'll Be Blamed
Insurance companies will try to pay as little as possible for your claim. One tactic they'll try is to blame you for the accident to try to justify reducing or outright denying your claim. Hiring a tough personal injury lawyer can protect you from these efforts and set you up to recover money. At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC we will stand up for you against unfair blame.
Why Should I File a Personal Injury Claim?
Because filing a personal injury claim is the way to get the compensation you need for medical bills, loss of income, and emotional trauma caused by your accident.
If someone else is at fault for causing you harm, they should be held financially accountable. You shouldn't have to foot the bill for the consequences of someone else's carelessness.
An at-fault party isn't going to just pay you for your injuries if they don't have to.
An attorney can help make sure you are treated fairly during the claims process. And, if the insurance company refuses to pay you what you deserve, a lawyer can file a lawsuit to make sure they're held accountable.
Determining the Value of Your Case
Our personal injury attorney will evaluate your case at no charge. During that free consultation, we can give you a better idea of what your case could be worth.
We'll ask you questions like this to help determine what your case could be worth:
- How did you get hurt?
- How severe are your injuries?
- How much work did you have to miss?
- Are you expected to make a full recovery?
- Do you think you contributed to the accident in any way?
- To what extent does your household depend on your income?
Accidents that cause catastrophic or fatal injuries tend to be worth more. We will pursue every possible source of recovery to help you get the maximum compensation possible.
What Damages Are Available to Bronx Accident Victims?
If someone else is responsible for your accident, Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC can help you seek compensation for all damages associated to your injuries—this includes economic and non-economic damages.
Money Damages to compensate you for financial losses caused by your accident can include:
- Doctor bills
- Hospital stays
- Wages lost
- Reduced or lost earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Prescription costs
- Required Nursing care
- Out-of-pocket expenses for travel and prescription co-pays
These are generally easily calculated because they'll have a receipt or an invoice to justify the charges.
Non-economic damages are less precise and include compensation for things like:
- Physical pain
- Loss of enjoyment of life activities
These are the losses that you generally think of as “pain and suffering.” They affect your quality of life and may be harder to assign a specific monetary value.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me Help Me After an Accident?
A personal injury lawyer has the expertise, resources, and training to hold whoever caused your accident financially accountable. Hiring the right attorney is your best chance to get the total of compensation you deserve.
A skilled attorney can:
- Conduct a thorough, independent investigation
- Determine the cause and identify all potentially liable parties
- Interview witnesses and gather evidence to support your claims
- Calculate your damages to make sure all of your losses are covered
- Handle all communications and negotiations with insurance companies and at-fault parties
- Hire experts to support the cause of the accident, the severity of your injuries, and the extent of your economic losses
- Send a trial attorney to advocate for you in court, if necessary
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer?
Your attorney will only get paid if you get a settlement deal or win a verdict at trial.
The amount of compensation recovered for victims ranges from thousands to millions of dollars. Since the amount varies widely in each case, there's no way to tell you exactly what it will cost to hire an attorney. It will depend on the type of case you have, how complicated it is, and how much money you're ultimately awarded.
At the end of the day, it's usually much more cost-effective hiring an attorney to handle your case. Why? You are much more likely to maximize your economic recovery when an experienced attorney is involved. In fact, it could be the difference between a substantial award and walking away with nothing at all.
What is Negligence in A Personal Injury Case?
Negligence is a legal theory used in most personal injury cases. It's based on a general concept that we all owe it to each other to act reasonably, carefully, and generally in a way that won't cause other people harm.
When someone causes harm due to carelessness, they can be held financially accountable for what they caused you.
It has four distinct elements:
- Duty: the defendant had a responsibility to behave in a way that wouldn't cause you harm
- Breach: the defendant breached that duty
- Causation: the defendant's actions resulted in your injuries
- Damages: you suffered actual financial losses
All elements must be present to have a valid case based on negligence.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
Telling your story of how your accident happened is often compelling, but more is required to win and get awarded.
The evidence used to prove negligence looks different in each case, but often involves:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Reports or testimony from experts such as medical professionals, engineers, or law enforcement officials
- Video footage from traffic cameras, security cameras, or body cams
- Medical records
- Police Accident Reports
- Payroll records
- Maintenance logs
- Toxicology reports
Do not underestimate the challenges of proving your case. Even cases that seem straightforward often involve multiple parties and more complicated issues related to the cause of the accident. And insurers fight hard at every step. That's why you need an aggressive and experienced attorney at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC. We've handled hundreds of cases—with great success for our clients.
What is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a process that allows victims in an accident to seek money damages from the party that caused it. Technically, a “case” is a lawsuit, but there may be many steps to recovering compensation that take place outside the court system.
Often, they begin as insurance claims. Many people hire attorneys to help them with the claims procedures. Even if you never file a lawsuit, you can benefit from an attorney's help making sure your claim is handled fairly.
You may hear lawyers refer to the general process of working to get you the money you need as your “personal injury case,” even if a lawsuit is never filed. But because litigation is always a possibility, many lawyers think of any situation where they are working to recover compensation as a “case.”
Will My Case Go to Trial?
It could, but it's unlikely. Most cases settle. Going to trial is something that usually happens if there are complex, disputed issues about what caused the accident or the extent of your injuries. Sometimes, defendants are just stubborn and refuse to settle.
Don't be surprised if your attorney is working hard for a settlement but also on preparing for trial. Good lawyers have to be prepared for anything. And showing the other side that we're preparing for trial lets them know that we're not backing down.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
Thinking quickly and clearly after an accident isn't easy. But trying to remember a few things can help ensure your safety and help preserve your right to compensation.
Here's what you should do:
- Call the police. If it's an emergency, of course, call 911. Even if it's a minor accident, call the police. They can assess everyone at the scene and get medical services to those who need them. They can also make a report that will document the event—this can provide useful information to your attorney if you decide to file a claim.
- Do not admit fault: It might be tempting to say you're sorry just because it's a terrible event. But that can and will be interpreted as an admission of fault for causing it. Answer questions from the police honestly, but don't guess about what might have happened. You're likely shaken up and may not have a clear picture of what really occurred. Try to avoid talking to anyone else at the scene.
- Document the scene. If possible, snap a few pictures of your wounds, property damage, and the scene. This can be helpful for your claim and to help jog your memory later.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel okay, it's best to get checked out by a medical professional. You need to be sure you don't have internal injuries. And, it's important to have formal documentation of your injuries if you end up filing a personal injury claim.
- Don't talk to insurance companies alone. Insurers often try to get to you quickly before you hire a lawyer. They want to minimize their payout, so they like to get you to agree to a settlement before you understand how much your case could be worth. Money in your pocket right away can be tempting, but talk to a lawyer before discussing your accident with anyone.
- Consult with an experienced Atlanta personal injury attorney. An atorney can protect you from unfair blame and can give you the best chance of getting a settlement that fairly compensates you for your injuries.
It's in your best interest to get a reputable attorney in your corner sooner rather than later. Things go quickly after an incident. Having someone who's on your side protecting your interests will put your mind at ease and let you take the time you need to recover.
Who Could Be Liable for My Injuries After an Accident?
Anyone who contributed to your accident could potentially be held financially responsible for your injuries.
Depending on the type, could be:
- Driver of a car, truck, or bus
- Product manufacturer
- Property owner
- Vehicle maintenance company
- Motorcycle rider
- Transportation or freight company
- Government entity
- Medical professional
- Hospital or clinic
Many of them have multiple contributing causes. Therefore, multiple parties could be held liable. We leave no stone unturned when investigating your accident so we can hold all liable parties financially accountable.
How Long Will My Personal Injury Case Take?
At least several months, possibly a few years. Unfortunately, there's no way to give a better answer without knowing the specifics of your case. Even then, cases can sometimes take on a life of their own.
Even relatively simple cases that settle quickly can take several months before the proceeds hit your bank account.
If your case is more complex then you could be looking at a prolonged timeline. Insurers fight hard, and there are often many rounds of tense communications between lawyers before an agreement is reached.
Sometimes, there may be mediation sessions to allow a neutral third party to facilitate the negotiations. All of this takes time, and it's worth it to get a fair settlement.
Most of the complex cases get further along in the court process than others. Gathering evidence, hiring experts, and participating in court appearances can be time-consuming.
What is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
Generally, it proceeds as follows:
- File an insurance claim. This is usually with the at-fault party's insurance. It's often helpful to have an attorney help you as early in the process as possible. They can make sure your claims are submitted accurately and timely.
- Evaluate settlement proposals. You'll receive a settlement offer from the insurance company or at-fault party. As with many arrangements, you'll likely receive an offer that is less than what you demanded. Personal injury lawyers are highly skilled at negotiation and can put you in a position of power. They can point out legal issues that you aren't aware of that help your case.
- Attend settlement conferences. Beyond reviewing proposed settlements through documents, sometimes the parties sit down to discuss the issues. This might be done just between lawyers, with the parties, or through a form of alternative dispute resolution. It's just a way to try to reach an agreement without going to court.
- Trial. If settlement negotiations fail, you are going to trial. Lawyers always prepare for this, even when they are also working on a settlement. Settlement talks could fall through any minute, so you must be prepared for a court battle.
Each case will look a little different, depending on the circumstances. Not every case will involve all of the above.
Do I Have to Go to the Doctor After an Accident?
You should see a doctor after an accident. Many injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries aren't immediately visible.
It's critical to seek medical attention as soon as possible so that:
- You get the medical attention you need for injuries
- Your doctor can tell you symptoms of worsening conditions to watch out for
- Your doctor can document the injuries sustained by the accident that will help if you file a claim
- Your doctor can determine if any pre-existing injuries were made worse
Seeing a doctor will put your mind calm and help preserve your right for compensation for your injuries.
Call Us Now!
If you have sustained an injury due to the fault of another, contact the Bronx Personal Injury Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!