Brookyln Bicycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured in a Brooklyn bicycle accident that was caused by someone else's negligence, you may have the right to money damages. An experienced Brooklyn bicycle accident lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC will be able to help. Please contact us at 212-240-9465 for a free, no obligation office consultation. Brooklyn bicyclists have the same right as pedestrians and motorists to share the streets, but motor vehicle operators are not always on the constant lookout for bicycle riders in Brooklyn.
Were You Hurt in a Brooklyn Bicycle Accident?
A Brooklyn bicycle accident can leave you bed-ridden for weeks or even months. In the worst of Brooklyn bicycle accidents, you could face months or even up to a year of recovery time. A Brooklyn bicycle accident lawyer can help alleviate some of your stress by guiding you through the process of dealing with the insurance company representatives who work for the adverse vehicle's insurance carrier and will contact you concerning the bicycle crash.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, our lawyers will first look to preserve any evidence that may exist which will help protect your legal rights. Some of the many things that we may do include:
- Visiting the accident scene;
- Take pictures and checking for video surveillance;
- Interviewing witnesses to the extent they exist;
- Hiring appropriate experts if necessary.
It's important to retain an experienced Brooklyn Bicycle Accident Attorney to take care of these important things–and to protect your legal rights. For many cyclists involved in a bike crash in Kings County, this is the first time anything like this has happened to them and they are overwhelmed.
It's important to have a lawyer representing you through this process because:
- Insurance company representatives have an obligation to pay as little as possible for your claim and they are not looking out for your best interests-neither are they required to. In many instances, insurance companies are publicly traded companies and they in fact, have an obligation to pay as little as possible for your claim because their duty is to the shareholders of the publicly traded company, which translates into profits, not paying out claims to injured bicyclists.
- The driver of the vehicle that hit you is going to try to blame you for the accident, and so you need to have a Brooklyn Bicycle Accident Lawyer defending you out of the gate, to protect your legal interests.
- There may be more than one party responsible for your injuries and it is important that all parties be notified and put on notice immediately.
- Dealing with and negotiating with the insurance company is time-consuming and can be difficult. Remember, insurance company representatives do this all day every day and you are no match for them and they will take advantage of you to ensure they have to pay you as little as possible.
Our Brooklyn bike accident lawyers represent victims of bike accidents in Kings County, NY to hold negligent drivers accountable. Bicyclists in Brooklyn should feel safe and should be allowed to enjoy the streets of Brooklyn without fear.
Bicycling through Kings County, Brooklyn has become so commonplace that many streets have been outfitted to accommodate bicyclists having their own dedicated bike path. But bicycle accidents are still all too common in Brooklyn, with bike accidents being caused by:
- Aggressive driving
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Inattention, such as talking on cell phone
Our Brooklyn bicycle accident lawyers handle all types of bicycle accident cases. We frequently work with clients who have been injured in:
- Bike accidents with motor vehicles
- “Dooring” accidents, where someone in a motor vehicle opens a door into the bicyclist's path
- Brooklyn bike accidents with city buses