Are You Looking for a Chelsea Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
Were You Injured in a Bicycle, E-Bike, Scooter or E-Scooter Accident in Chelsea, NY?
The Chelsea Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq., have been representing injured bicyclists for over a decade. We are familiar with the unique challenges under the New York Law faced by injured cyclists or by the families who lost a loved one in a bike accident in Chelsea. Call us at 212-240-9465 for a free consultation.
Bicycle Accident Litigation FAQ:
How Can an Attorney Help If I Was Injured in a Bicycle Accident in Chelsea, NY?
Cyclists injured in bicycle accidents in Chelsea face unique legal challenges under the laws of New York State which require an intricate knowledge and specific experience relating to bicyclists rights.
Why Choose a Chelsea Bicycle Accident Attorney at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC?
Our personal injury attorneys advocate for their clients' full financial recovery through detailed, meticulous preparation for trial from the outset. Although probably only about five percent (5%) of cases actually go to trial, preparing every case as if trial is going to happen means that we know your case in and out; the good and the bad.
What are the Most Common Bicycle Accident Lawsuits in Chelsea, New York?
A lot of the bicycle accident cases in Chelsea, New York involve:
- Contact with a motor vehicle that failed to yield the right-of-way at an intersection;
- Collision with a vehicle which unexpectedly turned into the path of a cyclist, often making left turns in the path of an oncoming bicyclist in Chelsea, NY;
- Driver overtaking a bicyclist, often by misreading the space necessary to safely pass the cyclist;
- Drivers, including truckers and bus operators that cause bicycle accidents by failing to share the road, forcing cyclists off the road or into a collision;
- Negligent drivers opening a car door directly into a bicyclist's path, which is an all-too-common occurrence in Chelsea.
Chelsea bicycle accidents can also happen because of other factors which are often unique to the operation of a bicycle. They can be due to environmental issues like:
- Defective roadway design or maintenance;
- Impaired visibility;
- Poor road and path conditions, including potholes, road debris, maintenance problems, and even dog attacks.
Another scenario somewhat unique to Chelsea, New York is when a bicyclist is struck by an errant pedestrian or a bike-delivery operator.
Specific Laws Regarding Bicyclists in Chelsea, New York City
Bicyclists have to obey the same rules of the road and be accorded the same rights as the operators of all other vehicles pursuant to New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law § 1231. However, a bicyclist is considered a pedestrian under the No-Fault Law in New York and is, thus, entitled to No-Fault coverage under most circumstances.