Why You Should Hire Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC for your Chinatown NYC Bicycle Accident Claim
If you sustain serious injuries in a bicycle accident in Chinatown, New York City, you may be entitled to financial compensation to recover damages lost during the accident's aftermath. If you lost a loved one in a Chinatown bicycle accident someone else caused, you may be awarded damages for you and your family. At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, we are here to assist you with all your Chinatown bicycle accident legal needs after a bad bicycling accident. You won't pay any attorney's fees unless we win your case, and we will do our best to help you with recovering compensation.
The aftermath of a bicycle accident in Chinatown can be scary and overwhelming, and it can be difficult to decide what to do next while you are dealing with the consequences. At this moment, you may think that the easiest, simplest route is to file a complaint with the wrongdoer's insurance company or to file a personal injury claim on your own. Our Chinatown bike accident attorneys can help you navigate this difficult time to help you obtain financial recovery.
Why You Need the Best Chinatown NYC Bicycle Accident Law Firm
While insurance companies offer personal injury protection insurance to victims of bicycle accidents that happen in Chinatown, NYC, these companies tend to offer lower compensation amounts to victims without appropriate legal representation. In addition, insurance companies can only provide compensation up to their policy limits – that means if you have medical bills that have piled-up or suffer from extreme mental distress because of the accident, you won't receive full compensation to cover the costs of the accident without a skilled lawyer by your side.
Hiring a skilled Chinatown NYC bicycle accident attorney to partake in negotiations with insurance companies or bring a personal injury lawsuit is the best course of action if you want to recover the maximum compensation that you're entitled to. You'll also want to build a strong attorney-client relationship to help guide you through this difficult time. The service of a dedicated and seasoned bike crash lawyer can help you navigate the complex world of bicycle accident law. An attorney will take the complexities of the legal process off of your shoulders so that you can focus on recovery and healing.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC our dedicated team of Chinatown, New York City bicycle accident attorneys will work with you to recover appropriate compensation for your bicycle accident. We have fought tirelessly for injured bicyclists and their family members for over a decade when we have represented clients, recovering millions of dollars in settlements for our clients throughout the New York City area.
What Type of Compensation Can I Claim After a Bicycle Crash in Chinatown, NYC?
Victims of Chinatown bicycle accidents can receive monetary compensation to get back on their feet and manage the difficult circumstances of a bicycle accident. You may be severely injured, requiring multiple surgeries, follow-up visits, and medications, leading to significant medical bills due to your personal injuries. You may not have been able to work due to your injuries, losing weeks or months of wages. You may experience PTSD, severe physical pain, or other forms of physical and emotional suffering in the wake of the bicycle accident.
You can recover damages to compensate for these injuries and impairments following a Chinatown, NYC bicycle accident. Examples of these damages for people injured in a bicycle accident in Chinatown, NYC include:
- Medical expenses. If you need professional services offered by a hospital or a doctor, receive expensive surgery, attend follow-up appointments or take extensive medications, damages in a personal injury lawsuit can compensate for these expenses. These medical expenses must be directly caused by the accident.
- Damage to personal property. If the bicycle accident destroyed or damaged your bicycle or other personal belongings, you could receive money to repair or replace your damaged bike.
- If the accident caused you to become severely injured or impaired to the point where you were unable to work, you may be able to recover your lost wages. These damages cover the period when you are unable to work.
- Rehabilitation expenses. If you had to participate in physical therapy or another rehabilitation program because of injuries sustained in the accident, the settlement should cover the costs.
- Pain and suffering. If the accident impacted your quality of life, you may be entitled to pecuniary compensation. Pain and suffering can be mental or physical in nature. It can include permanent physical impairment, chronic pain, altered quality of life, PTSD, and/or other trauma-related mental conditions.
Chinatown NYC bicycle accidents do not just cause physical injuries. In severe cases, they can result in wrongful death. The loss of a loved one becomes even more painful if the accident that caused the death was preventable. In these cases, the estate-holder of the deceased may file a wrongful death lawsuit as a result of the Chinatown bicycle accident.
Damages that the family of a person killed in a Chinatown, NYC bicycle accident can recover in a wrongful death lawsuit may include:
- Burial or cremation costs.
- Funeral expenses.
- The deceased's wages and benefits if the family depended upon the deceased's employment prior to death.
- Medical expenses if a doctor or hospital provided care to the deceased before death.
- Pain and suffering damages if the death caused emotional anguish.
What Types of Bike Accidents Occur in Chinatown, New York City?
The City's bustling roads can be treacherous for drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists alike. With thousands of tourists crowding the streets every day and back-to-back traffic between all the boroughs, bicycle accidents in Chinatown are all-too-common among New York City's cyclist community.
Several common types of bicycle accidents occur in Chinatown, NY, including:
- Stoplight collisions when the bicyclist or driver enters an intersection when a red light is displayed and collides into the other;
- Uncontrolled intersection collisions occur when the Chinatown bicyclist or auto driver doesn't follow the right of way rules of uncontrolled intersections and collides with the other;
- A right hook occurs when a bicyclist is on the right side of the road and the driver turns right, colliding into the bicyclist;
- The left cross occurs when a vehicle turning left crosses the path of a Chinatown cyclist crossing the street, hitting the bicyclist. This can happen when a cyclist or driver doesn't follow the right of way rules of stop sign-controlled intersections and they collide into the other.
The cause of these Chinatown accidents can vary based on differing circumstances. Often times disputes about the right of way lead to these accidents and later provide the basis for determining negligence in a Court of Law. Negligent drivers may also cause bicycle accidents due to:
- Opening car doors without checking for clearance, leading to a Chinatown cyclist's collision with the door.
- Texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other forms of distracted driving in Chinatown.
- Misjudging the space between the car and a passing Chinatown cyclist, leading to sideswipes and rear-end collisions.
If the courts find any of the above circumstances to be true, the driver is liable for the bicycle accident that occurred in Chinatown, NYC.