Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Corona is a neighborhood in the borough of Queens in New York City. It borders Flushing and Flushing Meadows–Corona Park to the east, Jackson Heights to the west, Forest Hills and Rego Park to the south, Elmhurst to the southwest, and East Elmhurst to the north. Zip Code is11368
Have you been injured in a bicycling accident in Corona, Queens? If a negligent driver hits you, you should not be left with the financial burden. An experienced Corona bicycle accident lawyer can help you seek compensation to cover your medical expenses, lost earnings, and more. Contact Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC at 212-240-9465 for help.
We made it our mission to seek maximum recovery for all your damages.
Founding attorney Michael J. Redenburg puts more than 15 years of experience to work for you. Contact our law firm to discuss your case.
How Corona Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Bicycle Accident in Queens
After a serious bicycle accident, you deserve a bicycle accident lawyer you can trust to fight for the compensation you deserve. At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC our Personal Injury Lawyers have a mission statement is to ensure you recover the maximum amount for all of your damages, from all sources, and to the fullest extent of the law.
We have earned a Superb AVVO rating, and also a 5-Star Google Review rating which indicates the firm's long line of happy clients.
Put our 15-years of legal experience to work for you, and we will:
- Provide sound legal advice and guidance at every step
- Handle all communications and administrative details
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your accident
- Accurately value the damages you sustained
- Pursue all avenues for compensation
- Work with top experts in many fields to build the strongest case
- Negotiate for a fair settlement offer
- Present a compelling case before a jury to fight for maximum compensation
Choose our Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you in your bicycle accident injury claim, and we will not rest in seeking full compensation. Call our New York City office today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in Corona Queens?
Corona is considered a bike-friendly state with many miles of protected bicycle lanes. Queens residents take long bicycle trips throughout the City each year and those numbers tend to ramp up in the Spring and Summer-time as the weather gets nicer.
However, the Queens area seen bicycle accidents and fatal crashes on the rise especially with the advent of so-called e-bikes.
Nationwide, cyclist fatalities increased 25% between 2010 and 2017 alone. Despite accounting for less than 1% of trips in the U.S., bicycle trips have a higher risk of crash injury and death than car accidents. In 2015 alone, there were over 467,000 bicycle crash-related injuries in the U.S.. Most serious bike accidents involve a crash with a motor vehicle.
What Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
Every accident claim is unique, and damages are highly personal. There is no way to estimate the value of your case without a careful evaluation.
We will help you understand the potential value of your case based on factors like:
- The amount of insurance coverage available
- Whether you share any blame
- The circumstances of the crash
- The value of your economic losses
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The impact your injuries have on your life, function, abilities, work, hobbies, and relationships
- Whether you are left permanently impaired, disfigured, or disabled
Contact our Queens Bicycle Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with a Queens personal injury lawyer. We will discuss your case and help you understand a fair estimate of your bicycle accident case's value.
What Kind of Damages Are Available to Accident Victims?
Bicycle accident victims in Queens may recover two primary types of damages. Economic Damages which compensate you for damages with a clear financial value. Non-economic damages which compensate you for emotional, physical, and psychological damages without a clear value.
You may be entitled to money for:
- Property damage
- Medical expenses, including future medical needs
- Lost wages for time you took off to recover
- Lost or reduced earning capacity if you are impaired or disabled
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Our Personal Injury Lawyers will fight for full compensation for all your damages, both financial and inherently personal.
We'll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
Bicyclists have little protection in a crash. In a collision with a vehicle, bicyclists are struck with a large vehicle's full force and may be thrown a great distance.
We understand the devastating nature of bicycle collisions and fight for maximum compensation for all of your injuries.
We will pursue all avenues of compensation for:
- Brain injuries
- Fractures, including skull, rib, collarbone, arm, leg, and facial fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord injuries like abrasion and lacerations
- Back and neck injuries
- Nerve damage
- Joint injuries, including knee injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries like dislocation and strains
- Organ damage such as rupture, laceration, or perforation of the organs
Head injuries alone are responsible for more than 60% of bicycle accident deaths and most disabilities related to bike crashes. They occur in 22% to 47% of bicycle accidents with injuries, most often in accidents involving vehicles.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC we will help you fight for the full compensation you deserve for the serious injuries you have sustained.
What Causes Most Bicycle Accidents in Corona Queens?
Bicycle accidents involving vehicles can happen for any number of reasons, but most are attributed to negligence or human error. Both motorists and cyclists can share fault in a crash.
One of the most common reasons for bicycle accidents is that a motorist simply did not see the bicyclist. Bicyclists on the side of the road or in a bike lane can easily occupy a driver's blind spot, particularly with large SUVs.
A study by the National Transportation Safety Board found that “midblock” collisions, or crashes in areas between intersections, are likely to cause bicyclists' most serious injuries. In many of these crashes, the driver states they did not see the cyclist.
Other common causes of Queens bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted Driving by negligent drivers. When a driver is distracted, they may not see a bicyclist in an adjacent bike lane or crossing an intersection. Distracted driving crashes kill 3,500 every year.
- Inattention. A motorist or cyclist who is inattentive may fail to recognize hazards, bicyclists, or stop signs.
- Drunk driving. This is a factor in nearly one-third of fatal crashes in New York;
- Speeding. This is one of the top causes of all traffic collisions. Speeding reduces reaction time and increases the risk of serious injury.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers will conduct a careful investigation into your collision to determine how your accident happened. We will gather evidence to show who was at fault for the injuries you sustained.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bicycle Accident in New York?
Even seemingly straightforward cases involving a bicycle-auto accident can become complex when it comes to proving fault. Our Personal Injury Lawyers will investigate your crash to gather evidence that builds the strongest case for negligence.
Evidence in your case that proves negligence may include:
- Police report and crash report
- Whether there were citations or arrests made
- Witness statements
- Video and photographs of the scene, property damage, and conditions
- Suspected distracted driver's cell phone records
In complex bike accidents, we may work with specialists like accident reconstruction experts who can testify as to how the accident occurred, what factors were involved, and who was to blame.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bicycle Accident in Queens?
You have three years to file a personal injury lawsuit after a bicycle accident in NY. This strict Statute of Limitations means you will be barred from recovering any money if you miss the deadline to file your claim.
Contact a Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
After a bicycle accident, you may be left with financial uncertainty, a painful recovery, and a life that is forever changed. When a negligent driver caused your accident, you deserve the full compensation available under the law. Corona Bicycle Injury Lawyers will fight for you with the goal of recovering maximum compensation to help you move on with your life.
Five Star Google Review
Literally one of the best in the business. Wouldn't want anyone else to handle situations of the law if it isn't Mr. Redenburg. I can say and been a witness of Mr. Redenburg's work to the point where he basically schooled the judge about how a certain law works. The judge learned something new, literally the judge thanked Mr. Redenburg for teaching him something for the future.
Corona Queens Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a Bicycle Accident in Corona Queens due to someone else's negligence, contact the Corona Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!