MTA Bus Accident Attorneys in Downtown Manhattan
Have you been seriously injured in an MTA bus accident in Downtown, NYC? For more than fifteen (15) years, Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC has represented injury victims including those injured while riding a bus Downtown and those struck by a bus. Call now at 212-240-9465 for a free consultation.
How Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC Can Help You After a Bus Accident in New York City
While you rest and recover from the injuries you sustained in the bus accident, you should not have to worry about how your medical bills will be paid or all of the legal issues that necessarily need to be tended to in accordance with strict time deadlines.
Choose Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to represent you, and we will:
- Provide legal advice based on our significant experience and help guide you through your case
- Investigate everything relevant about the bus crash
- Determine and notify all of the liable parties
- Value your case based on your injuries, lost income and liability apportionment, if any
- Retain the appropriate experts to the extent necessary
- Collect your medical records when you're done treating and try to negotiate a fair settlement or prepare your case for trial if a fair settlement cannot be reached
Downtown NYC is flooded with buses and accidents do happen. Every year, thousands of MTA bus passengers and other drivers are injured due to bus accidents. MTA Bus accidents in Downtown NYC are so commonplace these bus drivers may even call MTA dispatch instead of the NYPD police following their bus accident. Then MTA personnel arrive on the scene and do what's in their best interest, like preserving evidence that supports them and photographing evidence that may prove that the MTA bus operator was not at fault.
Valuing your Downtown NYC MTA Bus Accident
Many different things factor into determining the value of your bus accident case. Every case is different, and the value of your case will be based on the extent of your physical injuries, your lost wages due to missed time from work, need for future medical care and your pain and suffering.
Downtown NYC MTA Bus Accident Injury Attorneys will consider the following to value your case:
- Did you bear any responsibility for the happening of the accident?
- What kinds of injuries did you sustain, and how serious were they?
- Did you exacerbate pre-existing injuries or are these injuries entirely new?
- Will you require ongoing medical care?
Scheduling a free consult with a Downtown NYC Bus Accident Lawyer is the best way to determine how much your case may be worth.
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Lost wages for time you lost out from work
- Lost future earnings if you can't return to work due to your injuries or disability
- Unpaid medical bills, including your future medical expenses
- Non-economic damages like disfigurement, pain and suffering, distress, mental anguish, and loss of enjoyment of life
New York uses a comparative negligence system in bus accident cases involving shared fault. Under this rule, you can still recover compensation even if you are up to 99% at fault for the happening of the bus accident. Your recovery will be reduced based on your share of fault that is assigned to you.
If you were an MTA bus passenger in Downtown NYC, a pedestrian struck by a bus, or the occupant of a vehicle struck by a bus, you may have suffered serious and life-changing injuries. Even non-collision accidents like slip and falls on a bus can cause serious injury.
If you have a claim against the City of New York, the MTA, or any other municipality, you have a very short deadline. There is a 90-day deadline to file a Notice of a Claim against the City of New York, the MTA or any other municipality. You then have one year to file a lawsuit related to your Downtown MTA bus accident. If you miss the deadline to file your claim, you will be forever barred from recovering the compensation you deserve. Even delays can threaten your claim by allowing important evidence to be lost. Contact a Downtown NYC bus accident lawyer as soon as possible to protect your claim.