Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Fort Greene is a neighborhood in the northwestern part of Brooklyn. The neighborhood is bounded by Flushing Avenue and the Brooklyn Navy Yard to the north, Flatbush Avenue Extension and Downtown Brooklyn to the west, Atlantic Avenue and Prospect Heights to the south, and Vanderbilt Avenue and Clinton Hill to the east. Its primary zip codes are 11201, 11205, 11217, and 11238.
Each day, hundreds of thousands of residents ride transit buses to work, while children ride buses to school. For many Brooklyn residents, public transit and school buses are their only available mode of transportation.
With so many buses on Fort Greene's roads, accidents are inevitable. And despite efforts by bus companies to increase safety, thousands of accidents still occur each year.
If you or a loved one has suffered a bus accident injury, it is critically important to seek legal assistance from a lawyer who can skillfully navigate your bus accident claim and help you receive fair compensation for your injuries. Our bus accident lawyers have decades of experience and approach the attorney-client relationship with care and sensitivity. Call today for a free case review and consultation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Fort Greene Brooklyn Bus Accidents?
Bus accidents occur for a variety of reasons, ranging from driver negligence to maintenance issues and dangerous road conditions. Some of the most common causes of accidents include:
- Drunk Drivers - Those driving while under the influence of alcohol are likely to engage in negligent behavior resulting in motor vehicle accidents.
- Speeding - Aggressive driving significantly increases the chances of a crash.
- Carelessness - Distracted drivers who do not pay complete attention to the road.
- Driver Error - Inexperienced drivers often make mistakes such as faulty passing, neglecting to see other vehicles, and failing to properly follow traffic signs.
- Bus Driver Fatigue - Exhausted drivers are more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Lack of Proper Bus Maintenance - Improper bus maintenance and equipment failure can cause crashes; in these cases, the maintenance company may be liable for damages.
- Lack of Safety Equipment - A bus company that does not provide buses with seat belts and other safety equipment may increase the risk of an accident and the likelihood of serious injury.
- Dangerous Conditions - Accidents are often caused due to the operation of buses in poor weather conditions, on unevenly paved roads, or in dangerous construction areas.
- Too Many Passengers - Buses with too many passengers, such as public transportation buses during rush hour, may have an uneven weight distribution, increasing the chances of transit bus accidents.
Fortunately, the law provides injured passengers and accident victims with remedies, including the right to seek compensation from the responsible party. Bus accident victims can turn to the experienced and caring attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC who can assist at every stage of the complicated legal process, from filing an insurance claim to litigation and negotiating a fair settlement with the liable party. Contact our office today to set up a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys to determine your rights and begin the road to maximum recovery. We can be reached at 212-240-9465 so call now and find out how we can help get the Wheels of Justice Spinning for You!
What Are Common Types of Bus Accident Injuries?
The sheer size and immense weight of commercial buses and school buses mean that bus crashes, all too frequently, lead to severe injuries or fatal accidents.
Bus crashes can cause many types of injuries, ranging from slight to traumatic injuries. Some of the most common bus accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Neck and back injures
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Broken bones
Regardless of the severity of the accident, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, as many injuries may not be immediately evident.
What Are My Rights as the Victim of a Brooklyn Bus Crash?
It is impossible to generalize about the value of any bus crash case without knowing the details of the injuries and how the accident took place. The law weighs a variety of factors in each case and allows financial recovery for many types of damages, some of which may not be readily apparent to victims of bus accidents.
Possible damages include but are not limited to:
- past medical bills including a range of medical expenses
- future medical care, treatment, and surgeries
- rehabilitation costs
- physical therapy
- home modifications, such as wheelchair ramps
- lost work wages
- lost future income
- non-economic damages, including loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and loss of quality of life
- pain, suffering, and emotional distress
An experienced attorney will review your medical records with you and fight to obtain the maximum compensation to compensate you for all of your losses.
What Should I Do After a Bus Accident?
Before anything else, call the police or 911 and make sure that anyone injured in the accident receives the medical treatment they need.
Try to remain at the scene until a police officer arrives and files an accident report, which will identify the driver of the bus and other vehicles involved in the crash, the relevant insurance company, and may also include witness statements. An accurate accident report is important to ensure relevant evidence is recorded.
If possible, take pictures of the crash scene, the bus or cars involved, and the vehicles' license plates. Note if there were poor road conditions at the scene of the traffic accident, or bad weather at the time of the crash.
Finally, seek the help of a bus accident law firm before you talk to an insurance adjuster or a private investigator hired by an insurance company. The process of filing a bus accident lawsuit can be complex and so it is critical to obtain legal assistance from a bus accident attorney who will fight for your rights.
Why Should I Contact a Fort Greene Brooklyn Bus Accident Attorney?
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of bus crash, it is critically important to learn about your legal rights from a personal injury lawyer. An experienced attorney will protect you from inadequate settlement offers and make sure that you are fully compensated for your injuries.
The Brooklyn bus crash attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC have the experience needed to answer your questions and help you with your personal injury claims. You can reach our legal team at 212-240-9465.
Your consultation with our attorneys will always be FREE of charge. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means that if we agree to handle your case, there are no legal fees unless we are successful in getting you money.
Lawsuits need to be filed before an impending expiration date, known as the Statute of Limitations. Some personal injury lawsuits, including those filed against a public entity or government agency, must be filed shortly after an accident. Therefore, it is important to call or contact us right away to ensure that you do not waive your rights to money damages.
We have recovered millions of dollars for clients throughout the state of New York in personal injury matters.
5-STAR GOOGLE REVIEW
Mr. Redenburg was very helpful in aiding us through our case. This was my first time ever going through something like this and he was able to help take off a lot of the stress I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs legal advice.
If you have been injured in a Fort Greene Brooklyn Bus Accident due to someone else's negligence, contact the Brooklyn Bus Accident lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!