If you've been involved in a car accident and don't know what to do, call the experienced Manhattan car accident attorney at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC.
A car accident can be overwhelming because it can upset your entire life. You need to hire an NYC car accident attorney that knows the ins and outs of car accident personal injury lawsuits. At the law offices of Michael Redenburg, we have successfully handled car accident lawsuits for years. We know what it takes to build your case and get you the best possible. An experienced Manhattan car accident lawyer will know how to walk you through the case. Don't wait any longer to hire experienced legal representation. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Manhattan car accident cases come down to having the right representation
Car accidents in Manhattan are unfortunately all too common. Just think about the sheer number of tourists and locals all over the streets. Too many drivers are reckless because they're focused on getting to where they need to be as quickly as possible. They are more concerned about their schedule than the safety of everyone. Even if you are driving defensively you could still find yourself in a car accident. Once an accident occurs, too many victims don't know the proper steps to take. We know that this can be stressful, and we're here to help.
What are the driving conditions in Manhattan?
Manhattan is one of the busiest cities in the country and unfortunately there are a lot of accidents. We live in a world where people are not only chatting on their phones while driving, but they're also texting while driving. Some experts have said that texting while driving is just as dangerous as driving while intoxicated. With people driving around on their cell phones, the risk to have an accident is even higher. These are some of the many factors that affect the driving environment in Manhattan.
Accidents can easily be prevented if drivers just focus on their driving instead of multitasking. With the number of distracted drivers in Manhattan, we know that many of these accidents could have been prevented. You don't deserve to live a lower quality of life because someone on their cell phone caused your car accident. We want to take control of your case andhold the responsible parties liable for your pain and suffering.
Five Star GOOGLE Review From Happy Client
What are some of the causes of car accidents in Manhattan?
- Distracted Driving: As we mentioned above, distracted driving makes up a large percentage of car accidents. If a driver is focused on something else, instead of driving, they are distracted driving. Some of the most common instances of distracted driving are people on their cell phones, eating behind the wheel, or putting on makeup.
DUI Driving: Another major cause of car accidents are people driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol. When someone is intoxicated behind the wheel they don't drive safely. Many people are also killed in DUI accidents annually. These are complex cases that require an experienced Manhattan Car Accident Attorney.
- Reckless Driving: People are always in a hurry to get to their destination, which means they drive too fast for conditions. They speed when the weather is bad, or some drivers follow too closely when they are in traffic.
What do I do after I have been in an accident?
Accidents can be overwhelming, so what do you do once you've been involved in one? Below, we list some of the steps you should take after you've been in an accident.
- Make sure everyone is okay: First, you need to make sure that everyone involved in the accident is okay. You should check everyone in your car, and then check the other parties involved if it's safe to do so.
- Call the Police: Next, you need to call 911 for any injuries. If everyone in the accident is ok, then you can call the police to send emergency personnel to the scene of the crash. You need a police officer on the scene to generate a police report. Your insurance company and NYC car accident lawyer will want to see the report with respect to your accident.
- Get witnesses information: In most car accidents, it will be your word versus the word of other involved parties. A witness will help corroborate your version of how the accident happened. Get phone numbers and addresses if possible.
- Take photos of the scene: Almost everyone has an iPhone on them with a camera, so please use it. Take pictures of the damage, intersection, and note any weather conditions.
- Seek immediate medical attention: Even if you don't feel like you are injured, you need to go see a doctor anyway. Especially with the risk of injuries presenting themselves at a later date. It's harder to prove that injuries were a result of your accident if you don't get checked out by a medical professional following the incident.
- Hire a car accident attorney: This is one of the most important steps after your car accident. It can take a while to build a case and gather evidence, so the sooner you contact a Manhattan car accident attorney the better.
Your NYC car accident attorney can help you with your personal injury lawsuit even if you didn't complete any of the steps on our list.
What are some of the risks of a car accident?
There are many damages that you might be unaware of with your car accident. Initially, you know that you have injuries and property damage. However, if your injury has lifelong complications, you need compensation for these future medical bills. What you thought was only a few hundred dollars in medical bills could end up totaling thousands.
Also, with most car accidents you are out of work. If you are seriously injured you could be out of work for months. For those victims that are the sole breadwinners for their families, this can be terrifying. Without hiring a car accident attorney, you're putting your financial future and family at risk. You need a settlement that will cover all of your injuries, damages, and losses.
Finally, you could have emotional issues as a result of your accident. A lot of victims have PTSD from their car accidents, especially if the accident is serious. Although you can't physically prove these injuries, they still exist. You need a car accident attorney that can fight for compensation for all your injuries.
Don't risk your settlement on a subpar Manhattan car accident attorney
Michael J. Redenburg Esq. P.C. knows how difficult car accident cases can be, and he's eager to help you with yours. You need a car accident attorney that has years of experience handling car accident personal injury lawsuits. We will talk to insurance companies, gather evidence, build your case, and fight for an appropriate settlement. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, contact us today to set up an appointment.