Midtown Manhattan is in the central part of NY City's Manhattan and is its central business district. Zip codes 10018, 10036 and 10019.
Midtown E-Bike Accident Attorney Protecting the Rights of Clients Injured
Experienced Injury Lawyer Helping Victims of e-Bike & Electric Scooter Accidents Throughout Midtown Manhattan and the Greater NYC Area
E-Bicycle & EScooter accident injuries may include:
- Sprains and strains
- Disc herniations and bulges
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Injuries necessitating surgery
- The necessity of casting
- The need for physical therapy
- Job retraining
Electric scooter-sharing and ebike systems are increasingly popular throughout Midtown Manhattan and the Greater New York City area. Some of the more popular scooters and e-bicycles you may see include Bird, Lime, Lyft and Jump.
These scooters and e-bikes can be dangerous, however, especially when the rider is ill-equipped to maneuver them safely. When riders fail to obey local traffic rules, they create a high risk of personal injuries to themselves and others. And when motorists fail to notice them, catastrophic injuries can result. If this happens, contact Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC for a free, no obligation in-office consultation by calling 212-240-9465.
E-Bike and Electric Scooter Safety Tips
Because e- bicycles and electric powered scooters have to follow the same rules imposed upon bicyclists, the safety tips below are therefore similar in nature:
- E-bikers and escooter riders should always travel in the same direction of traffic and not against it;
- Check to see if the e-bicycle or E-scooter requires registration;
- Protective clothing should be worn, including but not limited to elbow pads, knee pads, a helmet. A flashing light and reflective clothing may also be helpful;
- Park your e-bike or E-scooter in a safe and respectful manner. Don't block sidewalks which may impede foot traffic upon the sidewalks.
Electric Scooter and E-Bike Accidents
Similar to pedestrians and bicyclists, e-scooter and e-bike operators have little-to-no protection in a crash with a car, truck or tractor-trailer. Therefore, electric bike and scooter operators place themselves at high risk of physical injuries in the event of an accident. Some of the injuries we've seen include:
- Shoulder and neck injuries;
- TBI, or traumatic brain injury;
- Neck and back soft tissue injuries;
- Fractures that may require casting and surgery;
- Cuts, bumps, scrapes, and bruises.
Even if you believe you only sustained minor injuries, you should seek a medical evaluation as soon as possible. Some injuries, including the most severe, may not be felt until hours or days after the accident. Additionally, injuries including internal bleeding and broken ribs pose significant risks, and are likely to be initially undetectable. Get a thorough evaluation to diagnose any internal injuries you may not immediately see or feel.
5-Star GOOGLE Review
Michael is an outstanding person particularly his energy is relentless when fighting for your rights to be compensated. He communicates with you. He commits to being thorough as he shares essential information to you regarding your case. I personally will retain him and I recommend you him for you.
If you have been injured in a Midtown NYC e-bicycle Accident, or an e-scooter accident, contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you!