Common Surgeries That Are Associated with Car Accidents
Serious car accidents can cause severe injuries that may require surgery and extensive treatment. If you have been the victim of such an accident, get in touch with Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. Our New York City personal injury lawyers can help you pursue compensation for your losses.
Why Choose Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C.?
- We are committed to protecting your best interests and will not settle your case for less than full and fair compensation.
- Our firm maintains a smaller caseload, so we can provide high-quality, personalized service to each of our clients.
- Our attorneys have more than 10 years of experience representing clients in Manhattan and NYC.
Car Accident Injuries that May Require Surgery
Severe injuries sustained in a traffic crash may require extensive surgery and long-term care. The following are car accident injuries that typically require one or more surgeries.
Head trauma and traumatic brain injury are common in car accidents. This type of injury may be mild, with symptoms lasting only a few weeks, or severe traumatic brain injury, with devastating long-term effects and disabilities.
Head-on collisions can cause injury to the knees when the front of the vehicle collapses or is crushed onto the front-seat occupants. Injuries to the knees requiring surgery include:
- Broken bones
- Torn ACL
- Traumatic injury requiring knee replacement
Broken bones are among the most common injuries in motor vehicle accidents. Treatment and recovery depend on the severity and location of the fracture. Surgery performed to reset a broken bone in the arm is less extensive than surgery to repair a fractured hip. Bones most commonly fractured in car accidents include the bones of the:
- Face, jaw, and nose
- Clavicle (collarbone)
- Arms, hands, and fingers
- Legs, feet, ankles, and toes
The force of impact in a collision can cause crushed lungs, punctured organs, and internal bleeding. Surgical intervention for internal injuries can range from minimally-invasive laparoscopic procedures to open surgery lasting 12 hours or more.
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
Impact and various factors in a crash can cause injury to the spinal cord and back. Discs and vertebrae can be dislocated. Bulging or herniated discs require surgery to repair, along with post-operative physical therapy and/or injections. A spinal injury may require emergency surgery to prevent paralysis.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
Serious car accident injuries that require surgical intervention are associated with extensive medical bills, lengthy recoveries and time away from work, and full or partial permanent disability in some cases. If your accident was caused by someone else's negligence, it is important that you be compensated in full for your losses. Our Manhattan personal injury attorneys have the knowledge, skills, and resources to:
- Investigate and determine the cause of your accident and injuries
- Assess the full extent of your injuries, including future medical expenses and loss of earning potential
- Prepare a strong case based on the evidence
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight for your rights in court, if necessary
Contact Our Firm
If you have suffered a serious auto accident through the negligence of another and sustained injuries that require surgery, get in touch with our firm as soon as possible. Our experienced attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. serve New York City as dedicated advocates for injured people.