Failure to obey traffic signals is a leading cause of accidents and injuries. If you have been hurt in an accident caused by a driver who ran a red light or failed to obey traffic signals, call Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. for legal assistance. We are dedicated advocates in Manhattan and New York City for injured victims of negligent drivers.
Why Choose Us?
- Our personal injury lawyers have more than a decade of experience representing clients in NYC.
- We handle all car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, and there is no cost to you until we win your case.
- Our team is committed to protecting your best interests, and we will not settle your case for less than full and fair compensation.
How Do Traffic Signal Accidents Happen?
In a study published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), researchers found that driver-attributed causes of crashes in intersections controlled by traffic signals include:
- Inadequate surveillance
- Internal distraction
- External distraction
- False assumption of other's actions
- Illegal maneuvers
- Misjudgment of the gap or the other vehicle's speed
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Aggressive driving
- Turning with an obstructed view
- Performance errors
- Critical non-performance errors
Traffic signal accidents occur in various ways, including:
- Drivers rushing to make the yellow light end up in the intersections when the light has already turned red.
- Inattentive or distracted drivers pass through a red light without realizing it.
- Drivers turning left on green against oncoming traffic misjudge distance or speed or fail to see a motorcycle or bicycle in the roadway.
- Motorists fail to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians in crosswalks.
Types of Accidents Caused by Failure to Obey Traffic Signals
When drivers ignore traffic signals, it can cause serious injuries in a variety of accident types, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact (T-bone) collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Vehicle rollovers
- Multiple-vehicle accidents
Recovering Compensation for Traffic Signal Accident Injuries
Traffic signals are there for a reason and drivers who fail to obey them put others on the roadways at risk. Running red lights and failure to yield the right-of-way at traffic signals can cause accidents and serious injuries to motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians alike.
If you have been injured in a traffic signal accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your losses in a personal injury claim. Damages you may be entitled to claim include:
- Medical expenses, past and future
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
Why Do You Need an Attorney?
Our experienced personal injury lawyers have the knowledge, skills, and resources to investigate your accident. We can work with accident reconstruction and other experts to determine the cause and who was at fault. We will obtain and preserve evidence, including witness testimony, camera footage, photos, and police reports. After carefully preparing your cases, we can negotiate skillfully on your behalf for the maximum compensation, and fight for your rights in court if necessary.
Contact Us after a Traffic Signal Accident
Traffic signals control the flow of traffic through intersections and junctions, and failure to obey them can cause injury to others on the road. Call Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. right away if you or your loved one has been injured in a traffic signal accident. We are tough advocates for injured people in Manhattan and New York City.