Financial District Car Accident Attorney
Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
The Financial District is located in lower Manhattan. Wall Street is located here and the area is also sometimes referred to as FiDi. Just south is the Staten Island ferry and the common zip codes are 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007, and 10038.
Auto Accident Lawyers in the Financial District, Lower Manhattan
The living nightmare of a car accident can be one of the most stressful experiences that someone goes through. In addition to the fear and anxiety you'll be feeling immediately, there is then the realization that your vehicle is damaged, and you have sustained injuries that will require medical attention and payment.
Our FiDi car accident lawyers offer a free case consultation at our Financial District Office, where we have been for over a decade. Our phone number is 212-240-9465.
Common Causes of Financial District Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen due to many different reasons but are many times due to the negligence of another. It may be bad weather conditions, others speeding or not proceeding prudently, or even disregarding traffic signs and traffic signals. The below are some of the more common causes of lower Manhattan car accident we've seen:
- Distracted driving – this can include using you cell phone while driving, eating, drinking, or interacting with passengers in the vehicle and not fully concentrating on the roadways.
- Drunk otherwise impaired driving – bad car accidents may occur on a regular basis due to drunk driving or because vehicle operators are under the undue influence of illicit drugs, prescription drugs that make one drowsy or alcohol.
- Speeding – speeding can be a factor contributing to car accidents as it reduces a driver's ability to react quickly and avoid an accident.
- Reckless driving – if a person is drives in an out-of-control fashion, they are not only putting themselves at risk, but also others on the roadways, such a cyclists, pedestrians and others.
Sometimes auto accidents happen due to something outside of a driver's control. And it may be one of the following:
- Roadways that are poorly designed
- Signage or warnings that are improper
- Poor weather conditions
Even though another driver may be responsible for your accident and injuries, you may also have a cause of action against a municipality if one of the above contributed to the crash.
Here are three steps you can take to prevent a car accident and stay safe on the roadways:
- Seatbelts: Ensure that every vehicle occupant buckles- up before the ride, which includes the driver of the car as well as any children that nay be in child-restraint seats.
- Never drive while under the influence: Driving while intoxicated has always been inexcusable and reckless, but now more than ever, given the ease of calling an Uber or Lyft with your smart-phone app, there is literally no reason to get behind the wheel after even one drink.
- Check your tire pressure: Proper tire inflation coupled with newer tires makes for much safer travels.
Always Wear Your Seat Belt
Wearing a seat belt and requiring your passengers to do the same can save lives in the event of an accident.
Teen drivers are involved in three times the number of auto accidents per mile driven as all other drivers. Teen driver accidents are due most often to:
- Drag racing
- Weaving or swerving in and out of traffic
- Drunk driving
- Not wearing seat belts
- Distractions while driving, such as cell phones, loud music, young passengers, eating
- Drug use
Automobile accidents can lead to many types of injuries, and below are some of the more common that we have seen:
- Spine, neck and back injuries
- Brain injuries, often referred to as TBI
- Cuts, scrapes and bruises
- Injuries that require invasive surgeries
5-Star Google Review
Cassandra S.: Mr. Redenburg was very helpful in aiding us through our case. This was my first time ever going through something like this and he was able to help take off a lot of the stress I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs legal advice.
If you have been injured in the Financial District, Lower Manhattan due to someone else's negligence, contact the Financial District Car Accident lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!