Harlem Car Accident Lawyer
Harlem is located in upper Manhattan in New York City, with the Hudson River to the west and Harlem River to the north. The zip codes are 10026, 10027, 10030, 10037, 10039.
Car Accident Attorney Serving Harlem, NYC
A severe car accident may leave you feeling overwhelmed and not knowing what to do next. Auto accident happen fast and often time without warning and little time to react. Afterwards, you may blame yourself which can lead to mental exhaustion in addition to the physical injuries you have sustained. This is precisely why you need a Harlem Car Accident Lawyer to handle the legal end of things while you focus your time on getting better and healing.
Although auto insurance companies are supposed to be there to help you in your time of need after a collision, they are not always easy to deal with. There are many different forms that need to be completed soon after the accident and time is not on your side. This is why you need an experienced lawyer fighting for you.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a Harlem car crash, you might be entitled to a larger amount of compensation than you realize. While the at-fault drivers and their insurance companies are unlikely to offer the full amount you're entitled to without an attorney's intervention, a car accident lawyer should not charge you anything upfront and only be paid when you obtain a recovery.
What Compensation Can I Receive After a Car Accident?
New York state law allows for many different types of damages in auto accident cases.
The damages available for you will largely depend on the injuries you sustain, but in most cases, compensation can include:
- Medical bills
- out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering, past, present and future
- Emotional distress
- Lost income and project lost future income earning capacity
- The need for household help
What Is Underinsured Motorist Coverage?
As if being hit by a driver that was in the wrong is not bad enough, what if you come to learn that that driver only maintained the minimum Bodily Injury Insurance requirement that NY State mandates, which is $25,000/$50,000, or $25,000 for any one person (you) injures as a result of their negligence. I have seen it occur many, many times. But if you were wise enough to purchase Supplemental Underinsured Motorist (SUM) Protection Coverage and you have higher limits that the at-fault driver, once the at-fault driver tenders, or pays, their $25k limit, you can look to your own coverage for compensation over and above that $25,000 limit.
Steps to Take After a Harlem Car Accident
You might be surprised by how confusing and disorienting those first few minutes after a collision can be. But your actions at that time are very important.
Take some time to consider the below ideas with respect to what to do following a crash:
- Be calm. Breathe slowly and relax. Your adrenaline will be running, but calmness is key.
- Call the police. Dial 911. Even if there are no visible signs of property damage, it is still a good idea to wait for the police to arrive and get a report generated.
- Try to photograph any injuries. Do you notice any signs of visible injuries? If so, let emergency responders who arrive on the scene know. If you are able to, grab your smartphone and take some pictures.
- Get names & contact info of witnesses. Obtain the other driver's name and insurance information. If there are eyewitnesses, document their contact information before they leave the scene.
- Notify your insurance company. Your insurance policy probably requires that you do this sooner than later. Obtain a claim number which they should generate immediately.
If you have been injured in a Harlem Auto Accident due to someone else's negligence, contact the Harlem Car Accident lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!