The Acronym “SOHO” stands for South of Houston with zip codes of 10012 and 10013. If you've been struck by a large truck while traversing the City, contact a Soho trucking accident attorney to hold the responsible party liable and get the compensation you deserve.
Truck Accident Attorneys in SOHO NYC
If you drive in SOHO New York City, you likely know how dangerous semi trucks and other large commercial vehicles can be.
Large truck accidents tend to involve severe injuries and increased medical bills as compare to other motor-vehicle accidents, leading to more serious losses for accident victims.
A SOHO Truck Accident Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC can help you hold a trucking company financially responsible if you've been hurt in a crash caused by a commercial truck driver or trucking company. We've been helping injury victims for more than 15 years and can put our knowledge and experience to work for you. We understand that a NYC truck accident causes serious disruption to your life and we are here to take care of the legalities while you focus on you – and getting better! Contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you.
What to do After a Truck Crash in SOHO
You'll surely have questions after being hurt in a truck accident. You may be wondering what to do next, what kind of medical treatment you will need and how you will go about paying your medical bills, subsisting while out of work and more. These are important questions and at the Law Firm of Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, we stand ready to answer your questions and help guide you every step of the way.
Some things you'll want to do after the truck accident:
- Preserve evidence – To recover compensation following the truck accident, you'll need as much evidence as possible to show that the truck driver or another party was negligent in some way and that is what caused your injuries. Eyewitness statements, photos and videos of the scene will help in this regard.
- Listen to your physician – You should surely follow your doctor's advice with respect to treatment to make sure your injuries don't get worse. If you are unsure, it may be a good idea to get a second opinion from another doctor who specializes in the field.
- Save all your medical bills and proof of out-of-pocket expenses – You will need to have documentary evidence to support your claims regarding medical expenses and out-of-pocket costs. Out-of-pocket expenses may include co-payments, bus fares to and from medical appointments and Uber trips when your car is in the shop being repaired.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company before speaking to your lawyer – What you say to an insurance company claims representative without legal representation may be used against you and twisted around later to make it look like the accident wasn't your fault or you were not that badly injured in the crash.
When Should I Contact a Lawyer After a Truck Accident?
Because truck accident cases can be particularly complex, you'll want to speak to a lawyer as soon as possible after the trucking wreck. Evidence needs to be collected and notices may need to be sent to other parties notifying them to preserve critical evidence that will support your case.
It's in your best interest to work with a SOHO NYC truck accident attorney if:
- Your injuries are severe as a result of the truck accident
- Your truck accident injuries were severe enough that you were unable to return to work for a significant period of time
- It was s multi-vehicle pile-up and who was at-fault is not readily clear-cut
- One or more parties are underinsured or uninsured completely
- You're being asked by an insurance company representative to provide a recorded or written statement about the accident
Who may be at fault for the truck accident?
- The truck driver – The driver of the 18-wheeler may be liable if the driver was negligent, reckless, not obeying the rules of the road or operating in excess of the hours permitted by law.
- Other Drivers – Some drivers don't always operate safely around large trucks. Another driver, motorcyclist, or bicyclist may be liable if they were spooked by the big-rig and did something to make the trucker crash.
- The trucking company – A trucking company could be liable for a truck accident if the company had negligent hiring practices in place, failed to take an unsafe driver off the road, failed to provide adequate training, or failed to properly maintain the company's vehicles.
- Truck mechanics – A truck mechanic or repair shop could be deemed liable if the shop failed to properly maintain or repair the truck, and a mechanical issue subsequently caused the crash.
Happy client – 5 Star Google Review!
Michael Redenburg has provided legal advice and guidance during a difficult situation. I found him to be experienced, responsive, knowledgeable and honest. While working with Michael, I felt as though my situation was in trustworthy hands, and he did not steer me wrong. I would highly recommend Michael to anyone seeking legal representation that is fair, honest and will keep your best interest and needs at the forefront. Should the situation arise, I would not hesitate to seek representation from Michael J. Redenburg again.
We will fight tirelessly to pursue the compensation you deserve with the required experience and resources you need and expect. Contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you!