Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Tribeca is located in Lower Manhattan and bounded by Canal Street, West Street, Broadway and Chambers Street. Tribeca stands for Triangle Below Canal and the zip codes are 10007 and 10013.
Electric Bike E-Bike Accident Attorneys
Tribeca E-Bike Accident Lawyers NYC
You have probably seen that electric bicycles, sometime referred to as e-Bikes seem to be traveling all over Tribeca nowadays. From people just using them to get around, to delivery service men and women riding them to shuffle deliveries from place to place. Electric vehicles are here to stay, with even electric cars replacing traditional fuel guzzling automobiles.
Why Hire Our Law Firm to Handle Your E-Bike Accident Case in Tribeca, NYC?
Electrified scooter and electrified bicycle accidents have increased as their prevalence has and since e-bikers are exposed, without seatbelts or airbags, their injuries can often times be much worse. We offer free in-office consultations and there is never a fee unless we are successful on your behalf.
The Popularity of E-Bikes
Electric bicycles, also known as e-bikes, have become increasingly popular throughout the New York City area. They are relatively inexpensive, at lease when compared to the price of a car, and they don't require fuel. You get to be out in the fresh air, but you don't have to pedal as hard or as fast as you do on a traditional bicycle.
What is an E-Bike?
The criteria for an e-bike generally includes:
- An electric bicycle must be equipped with completely operable pedals;
- The electric motor on an e-bike must not exceed 750 watts.
While the law is likely to be changing rapidly, as of January 19, 2023, DMV definitions include:
Electric scooters and bicycles and other unregistered vehicles
Operating an electric scooter or bicycle with electric assist
Effective April 2020 - the law allows people to operate bicycles with electric assist (e-bikes) on some streets and highways in New York State.
Effective August 2, 2020 - the law allows people to operate electric scooters (e-scooters) and bicycles with electric assist (e-bikes) on some streets and highways in New York State.
- Electric scooter - a type of device with handlebars, a floorboard or a seat, and an electric motor that can be powered by the electric motor and/or human power.
- Bicycle with electric assist - multiple classes of bicycle with an electric motor and operable pedals. A bicycle with electric assist doesn't qualify for a registration as a motorcycle, limited use motorcycle, moped or ATV and doesn't have the same equipment.
You can operate an electric scooter or bicycle with electric assist on some streets and highways in New York State:
- you can operate these deviceson highways with a posted speed limit of 30 MPH or less
- municipalities can further regulate the time, place and manner of operation of these devices
- you cannot operate these devices on a sidewalk except as authorized by local law or ordinance
If You Been Injured in an E-Bike Accident, We Can Help
If you or a loved one have been injured in an electric bike accident, we can help you get through the legal process. Our firm has been assisting accident victims for more than Fifteen Years and we can help you too.
E-Bike Injuries We Have Seen
Common injuries related to electric bike accidents that we have seen have included:
- Neck and Back injuries;
- Scrapes and bruises;
- Head trauma, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Internal bleeding;
Five Star Google Review
Literally one of the best in the business. Wouldn't want anyone else to handle situations of the law if it isn't Mr. Redenburg. I can say and been a witness of Mr. Redenburg's work to the point where he basically schooled the judge about how a certain law works. The judge learned something new, literally the judge thanked Mr. Redenburg for teaching him something for the future.
Tribeca NYC E-bike Accident Attorney Serving New York City
If you have been injured in a Tribeca E-bike Accident due to someone else's negligence, contact the personal injury Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!