Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Union Square Manhattan is located in NY City's Manhattan in the 14th Street section. Zip code is 10003.
Union Square Bus Accident Lawyers NYC Helping Clients Recover Damages
New York City public transportation is an excellent way to get around the Big Apple with plenty of sights to see for even the most discerning tourist. But when the buses they hop on, and rely upon to get them around drive recklessly, they can cause dangerous collisions that lead to serious injuries sustained by others. In yet other instances, drivers make very bad choices which can result in bus crashes. Unfortunately, these bus crashes can leave victims severely injured as a result.
If you or your loved ones have been involved in a bus accident, you may be entitled financial compensation as a result. You may be entitled to recover for:
- Past and future pain and suffering;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of income;
- Job retraining if you are unable to return to your chosen vocation due to the injuries you have sustained;
- Continued treatment that you may necessitate.
Speak with a Union Square Bus Accident Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to obtain the proper representation so that you can obtain all of the compensation you are entitled to. If you were a passenger on the bus, the chances of you being at fault for the accident and your resultant injuries is very slim.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, we handle bus accident cases like yours. We've helped many countless clients recover compensation to help lighten the load that comes after a bus crash. You can get your free in-office consultation by calling 212-240-9465.
Why Do Bus Accidents Happen in Union Square?
Accidents involving buses are an unfortunate part of life in a big city like New York. But if the accident happened due to the bus driver's negligence or due to the bus company's failure to properly train the driver or properly maintain the bus, you may be entitled to financial compensation for the injuries that you sustained and due to no fault of your own.
The following are some common reasons bus accidents happen in Union Square and Manhattan more generally:
- The bus driver was not properly trained;
- The vehicle was not properly maintained by the bus company;
- The bus driver or others operating vehicles under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Driver fatigue of the bus driver or another driver;
- Extreme Weather Conditions;
Even if you don't know what caused your bus accident, you should still speak to a bus accident lawyer to see about recovering financial compensation for the injuries you sustained as well as any other damages you may have suffered. Your initial in-office consultation at the Firm is free, with no obligation, so contact us now at 212-240-9465.
Recoverable Compensation Following a Bus Accident
It is impossible to estimate the exact amount of money you'll be entitled to after the bus crash, but it will be based on the severity of your injuries, whether or not you were partially at fault for the accident and if you lost time from work as a result of the bus accident. Some of the types of damages you may be entitled to seek are listed below:
Economic damages in a personal injury case involve reimbursement for medical bills incurred, money you lost while out of work and the inability to earn the same amount of money you earned before due to some impairment you now have.
Non-economic damages in a bus accident are more subjective; things like the pain and suffering you have endured, loss of enjoyment of life and things of this nature that are not easily “calculated.”
To protect your rights following a bus accident, some things you may want to do are:
- Take plenty of photos at the scene: your visible injuries and damages to the vehicles;
- Contact the police and emergency medical personnel immediately;
- Document all of the expenses you incur;
- Don't post about the accident on Social Media sites;
- Get the name and badge number of the bus driver;
- Obtain witness information;
- Speak to and retain experienced counsel to protect your rights.
Common Injuries as the Result of a Bus Crash
Severe injuries do result from bus accident because buses are so large and heavy.
Some common bus accident injuries are:
- Fractures – May require casting, surgery and long stays in bed or rehabilitative homes;
- Soft tissue injuries – Muscle and ligaments can be torn, sprained and strained, causing constant pain and discomfort;
- Back injuries – Pinched nerves, herniated discs, and broken bones that may require the need for surgery.
Five Star Google Review
Mr. Redenburg was very helpful in aiding us through our case. This was my first time ever going through something like this and he was able to help take off a lot of the stress I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs legal advice.
Union Square NYC Bus Accident Attorney Serving New York City
If you have been injured in a Union Square Bus Accident due to someone else's negligence, contact the personal injury Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!