Union Square Manhattan is located in NY City's Manhattan in the 14th Street section. The zip code is 10003.
Our personal injury attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC pride themselves on achieving a high level of success through a simple, yet effective approach: a client-centered approach that is focused on our client's objectives. The sad reality is that every day there are hundreds of people who are injured as a result of another person or company's carelessness. These injuries stem from accidents such as: car and bicycle accidents that involve texting while driving or DUI, slip and fall accidents, along with many others.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C., our personal injury lawyers will always put you and your family's interest first. We will advocate and fight tirelessly for you, stand up to the insurance companies, and ensure that you receive the best possible outcome in the quickest and fairest way possible. This is the client-centered approach, this is Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC.
We draw on more than fifteen (15) years of legal experience with personal injury law to create insightful trial strategies designed to help you obtain the compensation you need to pay for your medical expenses, lost wages, ongoing care needs and all other expenses that will help you return to a normal life.
We utilize a proven approach to injury cases that has generated superior results for hundreds of clients. We will focus on the legal and financial details of your situation, while you and your family focus on recovering and moving forward with your lives. This is what separates Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. from other Manhattan personal injury lawyers and law firms across the State of New York.
What is a Personal Injury Case?
When one party causes damage or harm in an accident or injury, instances of personal injury arise, and the negligent person causing such harm should be held responsible. Over the years, the professional, skilled attorneys at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC have been serving people injured due to the negligence of others in Union Square, NYC and throughout the Manhattan area, generally. You have legal rights open to you when you have been injured and you consider that someone else is to blame. Our Personal Injury Attorneys may hold the party responsible for your damages at fault and claim compensation for your losses.
The Personal Injury Process
Going through a personal injury lawsuit can seem daunting. We recognize how stressful this time in your life is for you, from dealing with an insurance company to getting the proper settlement, which is why we do everything we can to remove anxiety from the legal process and move forward with your life. We serve as a trusted guide to you at all stages of your case. Starting with your free initial consultation, we will:
- Thoroughly assess your matter so that we can offer you personalized advice.
- Ask about you and your injuries, your medical history and any treatment you may have received.
- Walk you step by step through all of your options.
- Stand up to opposing counsel and large insurance companies, so that they know you have someone protecting your best interests.
- Work tirelessly to help you maximize the compensation you receive.
- Always put your needs first and remain accessible at all stages of your case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
No matter what type of injury you have suffered, we can help. We have a distinct reputation for success and use our decades of experience and proven courtroom skills to represent clients in matters involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents: We help clients who have been injured in auto collisions, motorcycle crashes and truck accidents. We also assist injured bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Public transit accidents: If you were injured in a bus accident owned and/or operated by a Municipality, then your time to file a Notice of Claim is only ninety (90) days. Your time is limited. Speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
- Premises liability: Property owners can be held accountable for injuries on their property, including slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents and the subsequent injuries sustained.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bike accidents often result in the worst injuries because the cyclist is fully exposed with nothing to protect her like a steel frame, airbags or safety belts.
We review and handle all types of accident cases. Be aware that there are statutes of limitation that can forever bar you from bringing a claim if you do not do so within the appropriate time-frame. In other words, contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible is crucial for any personal injury victim who has suffered damage or harm.
Common Physical and Emotional Injuries Physical Injuries
- Traumatic brain injures
- Closed head injury
- Joint injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Burns and scars
- Other serious illnesses
- Emotional trauma
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship
If are an injured person hoping to pursue a personal injury lawsuit, contact a personal injury lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq., P.C. If you have suffered harm due to another party's intentional act or negligence, you can recover compensation from the responsible party. Medical bills, future medical expenses, and compensation for pain and suffering can be made available to you.
What is a Tort?
A tort involves any wrong committed by someone that has caused you injury or harm, and can be tried in civil court. All personal injury cases are consider to be torts. However, not all torts can be classified as a personal injury lawsuit.
Main Types of Tort Law
- Intentional Torts: harm or injury that a party intentionally causes someone
- Negligent Torts: injury or harm to a person that is caused by a party's reckless conduct and negligent behavior
- Strict Liability Torts: an injury has occurred, and the defendant is responsible. This usually occurs in circumstances involving serious injuries, such as explosions, severe dog bites, dangerous products etc.
Most personal injury cases are negligent torts. This includes cases where the injured party has suffered a slip and fall, a car accident, reckless medical treatment, and other personal injury claims.
Statute of Limitations in New York
Several factors must be kept in mind to succeed in a personal injury case. The first is the limitations statute. There is only a short period in which a person who is injured may file a lawsuit. Depending upon the nature of the claim, the window varies. These timelines, generally speaking, are 3 years in personal injury cases. There are some cases in which the limitation period may be extended, but it would be an exception rather than a general rule.
Also, if a Municipality such as the City of New York, New York City Transit Authority or MTA will be a party sought to be held liable or responsible, a Notice of Claim must be filed within ninety (90) days of the accident or incident.
Damages You Can Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Types of damages you may be able to recover with the help of our lawyers with years of experience include:
- Economic damages: losses that can be assessed readily and that are financial. For instance, all economic damages that may be recoverable in a personal injury claim are the costs of medical care, travel to and from medical services, treatment, medical supplies, lost income, property damage expenses, and more.
- Non-economic damages: Damages do not always include money, and it can seem difficult to place a price on the value of the non-economic damages of a party, such as the value of their pain, suffering, and emotional distress. Since there is no other way to compensate an individual for these losses but through monetary compensation, a claimant in a personal injury claim can request compensation in addition to the full value of their economic losses for the full value of their non-economic losses
If you have been injured in Union Square, New York City or anywhere throughout the five boroughs due to someone else's negligence, contact the Union Square Accident Lawyer at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!