New Yorker’s can face harsh winters and heavy snowfall from time to time, which cab lead to roadway havoc. Severe winter storms can be a nightmare for motorists and dangerous to drive in. These type of road conditions can cause unprecedented weather-related accidents which can lead to severe injuries, and in the most unfortunate of incidents, death.
Safe winter driving in NYC entails alot of extra caution, and the employment of defensive driving skills. Good judgment is arguably the most important and slowing down is also imperative. Moreover, being properly prepared and properly readying your vehicle will do away with preventable difficulties.
The NYC personal injury law firm of Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. cares about the safety and of our clients and those navigating the roadways of Manhattan.
Accordingly, we hereby dedicate this page to help Manhattan motorists avoid accident and be safe during the winter months.
For more than a decade, Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. has handled serious personal injury cases and has successfully represented hundreds of wintertime car crash accident victims. These types of accidents can lead to multiple vehicle pile-ups and debilitating injuries. As Attorney Redenburg handles accident cases from initial intake/inception through trial and appellate practice when necessary, rest assured that you are in good hands when you hire the Firm. We will fight to obtain the best result for your injuries resulting from your accident. Insurance companies have paid Michael J. Redenburg, Esq.’s clients over $3,000,000.00 in verdicts and settlements to compensate his clients for their serious personal injuries, and we may be able to help you too! Contact us at 212-240-9465.
Preparing for Driving in the Winter
Preparing to avoid a winter weather accident in NYC requires learning how to drive safely and defensively. Additionally, motorists need to develop safety rules to follow, just in case of treacherous driving conditions. Here are some precautions and tips for NYC winter weather driving:
- Check tire pressure: Make sure that your vehicle’s tires have the proper amount of air in them given temperature and potential road conditions.
- Consider winter tires: Winter tires can assist with traction, avoid skid-outs and help with the effective navigation of turns on wet roads.
- Servicing and Inspection: A skilled mechanic can check to ensure that all of your fluids are full and your battery is in good condition.
- Fuel-up: Top off your tank regularly. Being stuck on the side of the road without gas in a storm is a nightmare; and dangerous.
- Emergency supplies: Warm clothes, non-perishable food items, blankets, jumper-cables and a fully charged cellular phone.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE HAS BEEN INJURED AS THE RESULT OF A NYC WINTER WEATHER AUTO ACCIDENT IN MANHATTAN CALL NYC PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER MICHAEL J. REDENBURG AT 212-240-9465.