Bensonhurst Car Accident Lawyer
Bensonhurst is a residential neighborhood in the southwestern section of the New York City borough of Brooklyn, with zip codes of 11204, 11214.
Who Is Liable After a Car Crash in Bensonhurst Brooklyn?
When you suffer injuries in a Bensonhurst car crash, it is vital to pursue compensation for the damages you have sustained as a result. Unfortunately, not everyone knows their rights. Further still, you may not realize who is liable for the damages you have sustained. Several parties may be involved and so it is incredibly important to obtain and maintain any and all evidence following the accident. Your Bensonhurst Car Accident Lawyer will certainly ask you for witness information and any photos or videos of the accident.
When Can You Hold the Other Driver Accountable for the Besonhurst Car Accident?
In most situations, you can hold the other negligent drivers accountable for the accident. But in order to do so, you must show that the other driver did something to cause the accident and also prove the severity of your injuries.
Some of the more common reasons you may hold another driver accountable include:
- The other driver was drunk or intoxicated
- The other driver failed to obey a traffic control device
- The other driver was fatigued while driving
- The other driver failed to properly service his or her vehicle
The evidence you obtain following an accident will help you hold the responsible party accountable, especially with the help of a Bensonhurst car accident attorney.
When Can You Hold a Manufacturer Accountable for a Car Accident?
In some cases, you may be able to hold an auto parts manufacturer liable for the happening of the accident. Sometimes manufacturers fail to create safe products, which can create many dangers on the highways and roadways.
You may be able to hold a manufacturer accountable in cases involving defective brakes, bad tires, and other problems. But proving that a defective part was the cause of the car accident can be difficult, so be sure to work with a Brooklyn car accident lawyer to ensure the strength of your case.
How to Prove Liability After a Bensonhurst Brooklyn Car Accident
Following a car accident, your first priority should be getting immediate medical attention. Thereafter, pursuing compensation should be a top priority — and it helps to know how to prove liability following an accident. The following four factors play a very important role in helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Generally speaking, to prevail in a Bensonhurst car accident case, you must be able to prove the following elements:
- Duty of Care: Every operator of a vehicle has a duty of care. They must drive safely to prevent others from being harmed in the event of an accident. A duty of care also means that the driver should follow the law, and act with other’s safety in mind, while avoiding any negligent acts that could cause a severe collision.
- Breach: A negligent action is a breach of the driver’s duty of care. If a driver consumes alcohol before getting behind the wheel then they have breached that duty. Additionally, the driver may also breach their duty of care when they engage in texting and driving, speeding, or otherwise acting in a carelessness manner.
- Causation: In order to file a lawsuit against an at-fault party, you must show that their negligent action was the cause of the accident. Unfortunately, causation can often be difficult to prove, and especially when other factors can cause a driver to get into an accident.
- Damages: Finally, the last part of obtaining compensation requires you to show that you suffered damages because of the actions of another. If all of the factors are present, then you should be able to present a strong case.
Common Car Accident-Related Injuries
In an auto accident, you can suffer significant injuries that lead to long-term problems. Unfortunately, Bensonhurst car accidents can lead to some of the most catastrophic injuries.
You should know what they are, how they happen, and how they impact your case.
- Brain Injuries: A car accident may lead to a head injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI) because the impact can cause a significant trauma. The impact can lead to your head contacting the vehicle’s frame, steering wheel, or dashboard, leading to long-term negative consequences.
- Soft tissue injuries: Back and spine injuries may be some of the worst when they are the most severe. As an example, a bad back injury can harm your spinal cord. If the nerves in your spinal cord become damaged, this can lead to paralysis. In the worst of situations, you can even lose functionality in your lower extremities. But in the worst-case scenario, you can suffer quadriplegia, which impacts all four limbs.
- Neck injuries: Neck injuries in car accidents are most often referred to as whiplash. It is one of the most common injuries because it can happen in almost any kind of accident. The quick movement of your head from one side to the next, or to and fro, can lead to long-term and serious problems.
- Fractures: A lot of vehicle occupants tense up when they expect an accident. Unfortunately, this often leads to people suffering significant injuries, including broken bones. It’s actually better to relax—as hard as it may seem—because your body will be less vulnerable.
Contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you!