If you live in Brooklyn, you know how crazy traffic can be. Our residents are on the go 24/7, making a 3-mile drive take 30 minutes long. Considering the hustle and bustle conditions Brooklynites live with, it may come as no surprise that car accidents can occur as often as once every two minutes. If you were involved in a car accident in Brooklyn, you need to get the compensation you deserve. That’s why it’s so important to team up with a reliable Brooklyn car accident lawyer. Read on to find out more about Brooklyn car accidents and why it’s so important to find the right lawyer to represent you.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Brooklyn?
One driver’s negligence will trigger a car accident. Here are some reasons why a driver may not be fully concentrating on their driving or may make a hasty move that results in a wreck:
- Using Devices While Driving: Technology can be distracting for drivers. Drivers should refrain from answering texts and using other devices while driving to ensure they are concentrating on the road.
- Eating While Driving: In this on the go city, multi-tasking can be convenient, but eating a driving definitely, do not mix.
- Speeding: Drivers should be careful not to go over the speed limit. If they are driving in inclement weather or construction zones, they should further reduce speed to ensure safety.
- Not Following the Rules of the Road: In addition to staying within speed limits, drivers should also obey stop signs, traffic lights and the other rules that apply.
- Driving Under the Influence: Fortunately, Brooklyn has plenty of cars, buses, and subways. If you have been partying, these are your best options for transportation.
- Driving While Tired: Many say driving when tired can be just as dangerous as driving under the influence. If you haven’t had enough sleep, it is best to stay off the road.
- Driving Vehicles that Are Not Safe for the Road: It is up to a driver to maintain their vehicles, so they are safe for the road. However, if the car has a manufacturing flaw that results in an accident, the manufacturer may be to blame.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: New York City is known for its construction zones and huge potholes. These are common causes of accidents. If hazardous road conditions cause an accident, the city or construction company may be to blame. However, it is also up to the driver to drive within recommended speed limits when faced these conditions.
Reason to Get a Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer
Many types of car accidents can occur in the busy streets of Brooklyn. A kind of accident can help provide evidence as to who the at-fault party is as follows:
- Rear-End Accident: A rear-end accident occurs when one driver runs into the rear end of another driver’s car. In these types of accidents, it is usually the driver who caused the collision from the rear that is at fault. However, there are exceptions to this rule. For instance, if the first car had a defective brake light, the driver of that car could be at fault.
- Head-On Collisions: Head-on collisions occur when two cars hit each other head-on. These types of crashes are likely to result in serious injuries. They usually happen when one car crosses a centerline or divider, often because the driver is intoxicated
- T-Bone Accident: T-Bone accidents are when one driver drives into the side of another vehicle. They often occur at intersections. The driver at fault usually causes the wreck as a result of not obeying the traffic light or signage at the intersection.
- Sideswipe: Sideswipes occur when one car hits into the side of another vehicle. They happen when one driver fails to check their blind spots when trying to get into the next lane. Often, a sideswipe victim will run off the road. If they roll while leaving the street, it can result in serious injuries.
New York Is a No-Fault State
New York is one of the many states in the country that is a no-fault state. No-fault law means that if you were involved in a car accident, you are still entitled to have your medical bills paid and receive compensation for lost wages, subject to a “cap,” no matter which driver was at fault.
The compensation you are eligible for may vary, but it can cover medical expenses as well as lost wages.
The compensation you receive will usually be coming from an insurance company; either your insurance company or the insurance company of the other driver.
The right lawyer can make sure you get a fair settlement for your car accident case. They will also defend you in court if complications arise.
Finding a Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyer for Your Injuries
If you were involved in a Brooklyn car accident, you need to find a good lawyer to represent you. Brooklyn car accident lawyer Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. P.C. is here to fight for you.
Michael J. Redenburg has over a decade of experience representing clients in car accidents and personal injury cases. He is known for his caring approach, skillful assessments, and aggressive representation. His efforts have earned him recognition by highly esteemed organizations, three of which were invitation-only and peer-reviewed.
If you were involved in a Brooklyn car accident, you need the best representation possible. Michael J. Redenburg’s reputation establishes him as a leader in his industry when it comes to getting you the compensation you deserve. Call him first to make sure you receive justice in your Brooklyn car accident case.