Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
Bushwick Brooklyn Auto Accident Attorney
In the blink of an eye, your world can be flipped upside-down forever. A driver texting while driving, driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol or driving while drowsy can cause severe injuries to drivers, passengers and others when a crash occurs. If you were seriously injured in a car crash in Brooklyn you will need to retain a car accident attorney to represent your legal interests following the accident. Our Brooklyn car accident lawyers provide experienced and compassionate legal representation to our clients. We also offer a free consultation to all potential clients so that we can get to know you and answer any questions you have about the claims process. Call us today at 212-240-9465 to get started.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Bushwick, Brooklyn
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Brooklyn and throughout the Greater New York City Metropolitan Area include:
- Distracted Drivers– Many accidents occur each day because people are increasingly preoccupied with other things while driving. Distracted driving includes using a cell phone, but can also involve other distracting activities while operating a motor vehicle, including drinking, eating, re-programming a GPS, brushing one’s hair, or adjusting dials in the vehicle.
- Drunk or Drugged-Driving– Notwithstanding the well-documented risks of drinking and driving, many people still choose to get behind the wheel after drinking, significantly increasing the risk of crashing into another vehicle. Additionally, drovers sometimes get behind the wheel after taking illicit drugs or taking prescription medications that make one drowsy, even though the warning label specifically advises against this.
- Speeding – Speeding may include not only surpassing the posted speed limit, but may also include travelling at a speed higher than is prudent given all of the surrounding circumstances. And if there is construction going on, it is always a good idea to slow down as construction men and women may be on the street and may net be easily seen if moving at a high rate of speed.
- Reckless Driving– Drivers may run red lights, dangerously swerve in and out of lanes, or drive in other reckless ways. These reckless driving behaviors are more likely to lead to serious accidents, severe injuries, and fatalities.
- Fatigue – Drivers who are tired due to sleep problems or overworking may show some of the signs of drunk driving. They are also more prone to falling asleep at the wheel.
- Violation of traffic laws – Most car accidents happen when someone violates a traffic law, such as turning before there is enough time to clear the road, failing to yield the right-of-way, or switching lanes without checking blind spots.
Our experienced auto accident lawyers can investigate the cause of your accident and identify all parties who are responsible for it.
What to Do After a Car Accident in Bushwick, Brooklyn
Auto accidents can be a harrowing experience. However, it is important to know what steps to take and to try to stay calm in order to have the best chance of recovering fair compensation following your Bushwick car accident.
Here are the steps to take following an accident to protect your legal rights:
- Report the accident – Call 911 and request an ambulance if anyone was injured. Stay at the scene of the accident so that an officer can conduct an investigation.
- Request a copy of the accident report – Get the officer’s name and badge number on the scene and also get the precinct that they are from.
- Exchange information – Exchange information with anyone involved in the accident. Get the other driver’s name, driver’s license number, vehicle information, license plate number, contact information, and insurance information.
- Witness Information – If you are able to, obtain the names and contact information of any and all witnesses to the car accident. Their testimony concerning what they saw and any pictures they may have snapped can prove invaluable later.
- Take pictures and video – Photograph the accident scene, skid marks, damage to all vehicles, and other signs of the accident.
- Seek medical attention – If you were not taken away from the accident scene by ambulance, seek medical attention for a thorough exam to identify any injuries.
- Notify your insurance carrier – Your insurance company will likely require you to report the accident to them. Send a copy of the police accident report to your insurance company.
- Contact a lawyer for a free consultation – You can speak to our experienced car accident attorney to learn about your legal options. Generally, Brooklyn accident victims have three years from the date of the accident to take legal action, so do not delay. If your accident involved a City vehicle such as an MTA Bus, your counsel will need to file a Notice of Claim with 90 days of the accident or your claim will likely be forever barred, so don’t delay!
Compensation Available for Car Accident Victims that File a Claim in Brooklyn
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, our experienced Bushwick car accident lawyers will calculate the value of your claim based on damages that you have sustained, such as:
- Payment for your past and future medical bills related to the injuries you experienced in the accident
- Lost wages you suffered because of the accident
- Lost earning capacity if you are not able to return to your same job after the accident
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Your pain and suffering, past, present and future
A Bushwick car accident lawyer will help you seek full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Accident Prone Intersections in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- intersection of Myrtle Avenue, Jefferson Street and Broadway
- the corner of Wyckoff Avenue and Hart Street
- intersection of Flushing and Bushwick Avenues
How Our Experienced Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Car accidents can feel overwhelming. Getting the medical attention you need and figuring out how to make ends meet can place a huge strain on you and your family. The last thing you need to worry about is dealing with insurance companies and a complex legal process.
Our well-respected legal team will do the following to strengthen your claim:
- Determine the forms of compensation available to you. Our seasoned car accident attorney can investigate your claim and determine what forms of compensation you may be entitled to. We can review all insurance policies that may apply to your case and guide you through making all applicable claims.
- Protect your rights. An experienced car accident lawyer can fight to protect your legal rights and ensure that an insurance company does not take advantage of you. We can handle all communication with the insurance company and settlement negotiations while you focus on your recovery. Our attorneys are tough negotiators who protect our clients from being pressured into settlement agreements that do not adequately address their needs.
- Gather evidence to support your claim. Our team will quickly get to work on your case and gather evidence to support your claim. We will gather the accident report, medical records, employment records, witness statements, and other compelling evidence necessary to establish proof in your case.
- Build a case. We will use our in-depth knowledge of City car accident laws to fight for the maximum compensation available in your case. We will work to demonstrate the full extent of the other driver’s negligence.
- Advise you of your legal options. Our knowledgeable lawyers can discuss all of the legal options available to you. We will discuss the pros and cons of each approach so that you can make an informed decision about how to proceed with your case.
- Take timely legal action – Our auto accident lawyers are well aware of the time constraints involved in personal injury cases. We can keep you abreast of these deadlines so that time does not run out on your right to take legal action. We will keep your claim moving forward at all times and keep you updated on the status of your case.
5-Star Google Review
Mr. Redenburg was very helpful in aiding us through our case. This was my first time ever going through something like this and he was able to help take off a lot of the stress I was feeling. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs legal advice.
If you have been injured in Bushwick due to someone else’s negligence, contact the Bushwick Brooklyn Car Accident lawyers at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!