Truck Accident Attorneys in Downtown Manhattan
Throughout Downtown Manhattan, prominent trucking corporations place truckers on the roads and thruways – requiring them to meet tight deadlines and placing them under incredible pressure. With loads as heavy as 80,000 pounds or even more, Downtown NYC truckers should always drive these heavy commercial trucks with extreme care and being well rested.
Although most truckers are dedicated over the road haulers who are concerned with keeping their safety records in tact, some are less careful. Many times, we have seen that truckers cut corners and do whatever they can to maximize their compensation and maximize profits for their employer. This selfishness can lead to serious accidents.
At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC we are committed to holding these negligent truckers and their employers accountable for their actions that lead to accidents in Downtown NYC. Contact us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a commercial truck accident in Downtown, NYC. We will fight for maximum compensation for you.
What You Should Do After a Trucking Accident in Downtown, NYC
After a crash involving a semi-truck in Downtown NYC, you need to respond fast to protect your rights. Here are some simple things you should do:
- Immediate medical care. Don’t wait weeks or even days to seek medical attention. Head straight to a hospital and get checked out by medical professionals. Some injuries, such as whiplash or injuries to your back, may take time to present themselves. The longer you wait, the more pain you’ll be living with. Additionally, the longer you wait, the more fodder for the insurance companies who will claim that your injuries are not due to the accident, but rather, are the result of some subsequent happening, just adding additional challenges to your case.
- Carefully Maintain any and all Documents. Obtain and keep a copy of the police accident report, copies of your medical bills and co-payments, insurance company documents and anything else that may be relevant to your case. Also maintain the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Do not Speak to the Trucker’s Insurance Company. The insurance company that insures the truck may try to interview you or other potential witnesses. You should speak to your lawyer before engaging in conversations with any insurance companies.
- Contact our law firm. Once you’re ready to protect your legal rights, call Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC. We will immediately get to work on protecting your rights and dealing the insurance companies and trucking company on your behalf. We work on a contingency fee basis so we will never get paid unless you do. Find out more about your rights today.
How Our Downtown NYC Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
An trucking accident involving a large commercial motor truck is very different from the typical car crash and we understand those differences. We will:
- Investigate. Truck companies and their insurers act quickly to protect their interests following an accident. We also move fast to protect your legal rights and level the playing field. We will look for photos, interview witnesses and preserve, gather and study other crucial evidence, including black box data, GPS data, cell phone records, logbooks and driver chemical test results.
- Determine if Violations of Trucking Laws Occurred. We understand the federal and state regulations that cover nearly every aspect of interstate and intrastate trucking in New York. In particular, those rules restrict the number of hours that truckers can spend on the road, prohibit texting and talking on a hand-held phone and limit the weight that these big- rigs can haul.
- Identify all responsible parties. The truck driver may not be the only one liable for your injuries in a truck accident. Several other parties, including some who may be located outside of New York, may be held liable, including the driver’s employer, leasing company, loading company, warehouse owner, shipping broker, mechanic or dispatcher. To maximize your financial recovery, we work diligently to identify all potential defendants.
- Experts. Many times, it is necessary to consult with engineers, safety experts, accident reconstructions and other professionals. Experts will check-out the evidence, determine why your truck accident occurred and strengthen your case.
- Calculate your damages. We will obtain and review your medical records, loss of income and other financial losses caused by your crash with a trucker. Our end-goal is to determine all of the compensation you’re entitled to following the accident.
- Obtain the Compensation You’re Entitled to. We will demand full and fair compensation for your injuries from the insurance company (or companies). We will prepare your case for trial so that if a jury trial is necessary, we are ready! At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, we are committed to trying cases to jury verdict, if necessary, rather than pushing clients to settle for a low amount quickly.
While your case is proceeding, we will keep you updated and answer any questions you may have. We take pride in the excellent service that we provide to our clients.