Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
A Bayside Queens Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Help You After an Accident
Bayside is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens. It is bounded by Whitestone to the northwest, Douglaston to the east, Oakland Gardens to the south and Fresh Meadows to the west. CNN Money ranked Bayside as one of the most expensive housing markets nationally when analyzing comparable detached homes throughout the United States. Despite its large housing stock of free-standing homes, it nationally ranks high to very high in population density.
ZIP Codes: 11360, 11361, 11364
Were you injured in a bike accident in Bayside? Did negligence on the part of a motorist, a municipal entity, or another party harm you? If so, turn to Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC for help right away.
Over the years, Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC has helped many New Yorker’s seek the justice they deserve after all kinds of bike accidents. The firm is deeply dedicated to pursuing justice when cyclists are injured due to the fault of others.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Queens, you need legal help right away. That is because there are important deadlines to meet, evidence to preserve, and paperwork to be completed. You never want to speak to anyone from the insurance company or bill collector before having retained a lawyer to represent you.
You might assume that insurance adjusters are there to help, particularly because they are trained to be very polite. But it is important to remember that they are looking out for their employer’s interests, not yours. Insurance companies and bill collectors have no obligation to inform you of your many legal rights after a Bayside Queens bike accident, and it is perfectly legal to record your conversation without telling you.
Unfortunately, insurance companies tend to place the fault for bicycle injuries on the cyclist. They will do whatever they can to pay you as little as possible for your bike damage, medical bills, and lost wages. That is why you need the help of Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC. Contact us now at 212-240-9465 to schedule your free, no obligation, in-office consultation and learn how we can get the Wheels of Justice Spinning for You!
How Much Is Your Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
After a bicycle accident in Bayside, you may incur significant financial and personal losses – losses should be compensated for if a reckless driver caused them. Bicycle accident compensation may include:
- Costs of treatment and rehabilitation of your injuries, including emergency treatment, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, physical therapy, or medical and mobility devices
- Costs of long-term care services such as home health care if a bicycle accident leaves you with permanent disabilities or other chronic health conditions
- Lost wages or income after missing time from work
- Loss of future earning abilities and employment benefits when your injuries result in disabilities that prevent you from working
- Physical pain, emotional distress, and trauma
- Lost quality of life due to physical disability, visible disfigurement and scarring, and reduced life expectancy
- Repair or replacement expenses for your bicycle
Time Limit for Filing a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Rhode Island
Under New York law, victims of bicycle accidents have a limited time to file a lawsuit to pursue compensation from the person who hurt them.
New York’s statute of limitations typically requires that you file suit over a bicycle accident case within three years of the date of the accident. If you wait too long to file your lawsuit, you risk that the court will dismiss your lawsuit as untimely. If that happens, you will have lost the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
How a Bayside Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
A bicycle accident can leave you with severe or even life-threatening injuries. When treating your injuries in the hospital or at home, you may not have the time and energy to pursue a legal case to recover compensation from the driver who hit you. A Queens Bicycle Accident Lawyer from Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC can help you in your bicycle accident claim by:
- Thoroughly investigating the accident to recover evidence that could be used to prove your right to compensation, such as police accident reports, accident scene photos, videos, and witness statements
- Documenting your injuries and losses from the accident
- Identifying liable parties and possible sources of compensation, including applicable insurance coverage for the at-fault party or your own auto insurance policy
- Retaining expert witnesses in accident reconstruction, medicine, and finance to help us persuasively argue the technical details of your case
- Filing insurance claims on your behalf and aggressively pursuing settlement negotiations to recover fair and full compensation for you as quickly as possible
- Pursuing your case in court and at trial, if litigation is the best path toward the most favorable outcome for you in your bicycle accident case
What to Do If You Have Been Hit While Riding Your Bike in Bayside, Queens
If you were hit while riding your bike, try to take the following steps to protect your rights to pursue a claim to recover compensation for your injuries:
- If possible, take photos or video of the accident scene, including details such as vehicle damage, skid marks in the road, traffic controls and signals at the accident scene, and weather, traffic, and lighting conditions at the time of the crash. If your injuries prevent you from taking photos or video after an accident, have a friend or family member take the photos or video.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible from a doctor for any injuries you may have sustained. Take photos of any visible injuries and follow treatment instructions and recommendations of your providers.
- Make sure to have copies of bills, invoices, and receipts for expenses you incurred following the bicycle accident. If you took time off work after the accident, also have copies of your pay stubs or other income statements to verify your income or wages.
- Start a journal during your recovery from your injuries to document the pain you experience and how your injuries and treatment negatively impact your quality of life.
- Avoid posting about your accident, injuries, or legal case on social media. In addition, avoid posting photos or videos of yourself while still treating your injuries. Insurers often keep tabs on injury victims’ social media accounts for posts that the insurer can twist and use to undercut an accident victim’s legal claim.
- Speak to the Queens bicycle accident law firm Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC to discuss what next steps you need to take to recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
As bicyclists often have few safety protections, they can be at increased risk for serious injury in the event of a collision. A bicycle injury attorney from our firm can help you pursue compensation for injuries such as:
- Contusions or bruising
- Road rash and other skin abrasions
- Avulsions, in which the skin is torn away from underlying tissue and bone
- Burns from contact with hot surfaces
- Broken bones
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Muscle and tendon strains and tears
- Neck and back injuries, including whiplash injuries
- Disc herniations
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal organ injuries, including punctures or ruptures
- Internal bleeding
- Facial injuries, including eye, ear, and mouth injuries
- Head injuries, including skull fractures
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Traumatic amputation or post-injury amputation
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
Some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Bayside include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Tailgating, or driving too closely to the back of a bicycle
- Reckless driving, such as weaving in and out of traffic
- Passing too closely to a bicycle rider
- Failing to signal or check mirrors before turning or changing lanes
- Running red lights or stop signs, or disregarding other traffic signals or controls
- Distracted Driving, including texting while driving
- Drowsy or fatigued driving
- Drunk driving or driving while under the influence of drugs
- Poor visibility caused by nighttime, low lighting, or adverse weather conditions such as heavy rain, snow, sleet, or fog
- Poor road conditions, including icy or slick road surfaces or broken pavement or potholes
Five Star Google Review
Literally one of the best in the business. Wouldn’t want anyone else to handle situations of the law if it isn’t Mr. Redenburg. I can say and been a witness of Mr. Redenburg’s work to the point where he basically schooled the judge about how a certain law works. The judge learned something new, literally the judge thanked Mr. Redenburg for teaching him something for the future.
Bayside Queens Bicycle Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a Bicycle Accident in Bayside Queens due to someone else’s negligence, contact the Bayside Queens Bike Accident Attorney at Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC and get the wheels of justice spinning for you. Call 212-240-9465 now!