Millions of Dollars Recovered for our Clients
The Acronym “SOHO” stands for South of Houston with zip codes of 10012 and 10013. If you’ve been injured due to the fault of another, contact a Soho personal injury attorney to hold the responsible party liable and get the compensation you deserve.
Unfortunately, accidents happen. It is a fact of life. But when they leave you or your loved ones injured, what do you do?
After seeking medical attention you should contact a SOHO personal injury attorney to protect your legal rights, especially if you were hurt due to the negligence of someone else.
When you reach out, we will explain your rights and your options, and evaluate your case for free. At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC we are wholly committed to getting the results our clients deserve. Our law firm’s office is located downtown and in the SOHO area at 32 Broadway, NY, NY so contact us now at 212-240-9465.
Each Injury Case Is Different
Every personal injury case is different… and each personal injury attorney is, too.
Some firms apply the same strategy to every case they take. At Michael J. Redenburg, Esq. PC, you are more than just a number. We treat you with the respect, compassion, and empathy you deserve. We investigate the unique circumstances of your case and leave no stone unturned in our pursuit of justice. We will never push you to settle for less than what you deserve.
With over 15 years of experience handling a wide variety of personal injury claims throughout the City of New York, we’re ready to assist you. Claims we regularly handle involve the following practice areas:
- Auto accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- E-bike accidents
- Premises liability
The legal questions and strategies will differ from injury case to case depending on the type of accident that happened. The types of negligent parties can vary as well but may include:
- Individuals – After an auto accident with injured victims, another driver is often found to be at fault. Individuals can be responsible for many traffic accidents, as well as dog bites and injuries that occur on another person’s property. These claims often involve dealing with an insurance company.
- Companies – Sometimes the liable party is not an individual, but a business. Companies of all sizes can be found negligent and held responsible for the injuries they cause to others. Companies can also be liable for injuries caused by poorly-trained employees on the job. Some injury victims need to file a claim against a small business, while other clients must take on large, billion-dollar corporations such as Walmart or large pharmaceutical companies.
- Government agencies – Federal, state, and local government agencies exist to keep us safe and maintain our roads and cities across The Big Apple. When these agencies don’t do their jobs, people can get hurt. These accidents can involve poorly-maintained roads or public spaces, improper signage, hazardous construction zones, and more. Like any other company, government entities should be liable for your losses when they cause your injuries.
Going up against an individual is completely different than squaring up against a huge company. Plus, there are different laws that are often accompanied by strict deadlines and filing requirements where a municipality or governmental agency is involved.
Insurers may try to convince you that you do not need an attorney, but this is only because they know that unrepresented accident victims regularly accept settlements that are far too low. When you have the right personal injury lawyer in your corner, insurers know that their usual tricks won’t work because we are not afraid to play hardball. Contact us now at 212-240-9465. Your case evaluation is free.
Fighting for the Money You Deserve After a Personal Injury Accident
The losses from an accidental injury in SOHO, New York City can be devastating for you and your family. Therefore, having the right legal representation is critical. Whether you have a broken arm or a debilitating spinal cord injury, your bills add up quickly and your life is thrown off course.
How Much Money Can You Expect From a Personal Injury Claim?
The value of each personal injury claim closely depends on the severity of your injuries and the accident’s lasting effects. Our personal injury attorneys can help you seek compensation for the following damages:
- Medical bills – Your lawyer can calculate the costs of any treatment you already received, as well as the estimated costs of any future care and therapy you may need.
- Lost income – Many injuries prevent you from working for a time while you recover or during your treatment. Other catastrophic injuries can cause disabilities that prevent you from ever returning to the same job again. We seek compensation for both past lost wages and future lost earning power.
- Property damage – If your car was damaged in a motor vehicle accident, or your belongings were lost in another type of accident, you can be compensated for their repair or replacement.
- Pain and suffering – Any type of injury can cause physical pain, but many cause mental torment as well. Living with the pain and limitations of a traumatic injury can result in mental and emotional suffering. You deserve compensation. Don’t let manipulative insurance companies invalidate your feelings or dismiss your anguish as unimportant.
- Permanent disability – After certain injuries, your life will never be the same due to permanent impairments or disfigurement. Disabilities can limit your ability to work, engage in activities you enjoyed before, or care for yourself and your family.
Whether you’re worried about a few medical bills or a lifetime of ongoing expenses, you can find the help you need from our SOHO injury attorneys. We can help you collect maximum compensation for your injuries. We know that New York City accident victims need someone on their side from the start. That is why we offer compassionate and aggressive legal representation at every turn.
Our personal injury lawyers offer compassionate legal guidance and support for families who have lost loved ones in accidents. We can help you explore all your legal options, including potentially filing a wrongful death claim.
SOHO New York City Personal Injury FAQ
You’ve been hurt in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness. Now what?
Like many personal injury victims before you, you probably have a lot of questions swimming in your mind. For answers and advice, contact our personal injury attorneys as soon as possible.
Here, however, you will find general answers to some of the most common questions asked by personal injury victims.
When Do I Have Grounds for a SOHO, NYC Personal Injury Claim?
You have grounds for a personal injury claim whenever someone else’s negligence causes you to suffer an injury. It’s your attorney’s job to prove the following:
- The liable party bore a duty of care to you when you suffered your injury. A “duty of care” is any responsibility the liable party bore to you, or to the general public, at the time of the accident. For example, when you visit a business, that business has a duty of care to provide a safe shopping experience for you and all other customers.
- The liable party failed in that duty of care. For example, while shopping at a local retailer, you slipped and fell down a slippery set of stairs. Those stairs had no handrail and no warning. The store, therefore, may have failed in its duty of care to you.
- The other party’s negligence resulted in your injuries. To file a personal injury claim, you’ll need to prove that you suffered injuries due to the other party’s negligence. If you walked right on past those stairs and never fell down them, but just noticed a big liquid spill on the stairs, you do not have grounds for a personal injury claim (although as a good citizen you should probably notify someone about the spill!) On the other hand, if you slipped and fell on that puddle because you did not notice it and suffered injuries – like a broken bone, a traumatic brain injury or require surgery, then you probably have a viable personal injury case.
When Do I Need a SOHO Personal Injury Attorney to Help Me with a Personal Injury Claim?
Did you suffer an accident due to someone else’s negligence? Did you suffer injuries in that accident?
If so, you need an attorney to help you with your personal injury claim.
An attorney will build your claim, including everything from putting together a demand package to taking your claim to court, if needed. A personal injury attorney can also:
- Help you understand how much compensation you deserve for your injuries. Following an accident, you may have no idea how much you deserve in compensation for your injuries. Bills are piling up fast and you have no clue where to start or how to keep track of it all. What other factors play into the compensation you can receive? An attorney can help you assess all the elements of your claim to quantify your pain and understand how much you deserve.
- Negotiate on your behalf. You are probably mentally and physically exhausted from juggling appointments with your doctor, therapies, work accommodations, and more – you don’t need to deal with extra stress! Your attorney can ensure that when it comes to your personal injury claim, you do not have to worry about a thing. They will ensure all the details are taken care of.
- Fight for you in court. Dealing with insurance companies can be a long and drawn-out process. You might reach an agreement with the liable party in negotiations, or you might reach an agreement in mediation. Or you might not. In those situations, you may have to file a New York personal injury lawsuit and even go to court.
- Collect important evidence. The liable party may attempt to prove that you caused your own accident or that your injuries are not as bad as you claim. This gets even more complicated when more than one party might have caused your accident.
Our personal injury attorneys can help collect important evidence, including:
- Reviewing video footage
- Checking out the scene of the accident
- Talking to witnesses
- Retaining experts if necessary with respect to how the accident happened and the injuries you sustained
How Much Compensation Do I Deserve From a Personal Injury Case?
It’s hard to put a price tag on someone’s pain. In the state of New York, the law does not provide a set amount of money for a personal injury claim, but the amount of money that you could ultimately receive depends on:
- What medical expenses did you face as a result of your injuries? Serious injuries mean serious medical bills. You can ask for compensation for these medical bills as part of their personal injury claim. Keep track of them all! You may have numerous bills that arrive in the mail—and in some cases, more than one bill for a single procedure. You may also include expenses that occurred outside the hospital, but that still relate to your injuries, such as modifying your home to accommodate a wheelchair after a serious injury.
- How much time did you have to miss at work due to your accident? Your injuries may make it impossible for you to return to work. Some victims have employers who work with them to help them return to work as soon as possible. Others don’t. Even if your employer will offer accommodations to help get you back to work, you may still end up spending time resting at home, especially in the days immediately after your accident. Unfortunately, those lost wages arrive at the worst time: when your bills are growing rapidly. Payment for lost wages can help you handle your expenses and keep your finances stable after an accident.
- How do your injuries impact your life? Mental and emotional damage is valid. That’s why most personal injury claims include compensation for pain and suffering as well as for the tangible financial losses the victim suffered in the accident. Pain and suffering includes the physical pain caused by your injuries, but may also include things like social isolation or inability to participate in activities you usually enjoy. An attorney can help give you a better idea of how to include pain and suffering in your claim.
- Who caused your accident? Many entities carry insurance designed to protect individuals injured by that entity. Drivers, for example, carry automobile insurance. Other entities like commercial drivers, businesses, construction companies, and property owners carry other types of liability insurance. Many victims find that insurance policy limits are the full amount of compensation they receive after an accident, especially if they suffer serious injuries. Burn victims, for example, may have incredibly high medical bills, especially if they face complications during their recovery, but many insurance policies do not offer adequate compensation for this type of injury.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
You suffered serious injuries in an accident, and you know an attorney can help, but you’re thinking about the price tag and wondering how you can possibly afford it.
Many people think lawyers cost a fortune. You imagine legal costs increasing during the struggle, until they drain all the financial compensation you could receive for your injuries.
An attorney may sound like a big investment, but they are well worth it. Working with an attorney can substantially increase the compensation you receive for your accident. Their goal is the same as your goal: landing you a fair settlement.
Many of our clients discover when they work with us, they end up with a lot more money in their pockets than the insurance company would have given them if they had pursued their claim alone – even after they pay their legal fees!
Even better, our SOHO personal injury attorneys accept cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that the at-fault party will pay your legal fees as a percentage of your settlement or judgment. You will pay nothing.
Happy Client – 5 Star Google Review!
Michael Redenburg has provided legal advice and guidance during a difficult situation. I found him to be experienced, responsive, knowledgeable and honest. While working with Michael, I felt as though my situation was in trustworthy hands, and he did not steer me wrong. I would highly recommend Michael to anyone seeking legal representation that is fair, honest and will keep your best interest and needs at the forefront. Should the situation arise, I would not hesitate to seek representation from Michael J. Redenburg again.
We will fight tirelessly to pursue the compensation you deserve with the required experience and resources you need and expect. Contact us now at 212-240-9465 to get the wheels of justice spinning for you!