What to Look for in a New York City Construction Zone Accident Attorney
Construction zones are full of precarious ledges, unsafe chemicals, hanging objects, and more, all of which make them ripe for accidents to occur. Accidents can involve:
- Falling objects
- Unsafe chemicals
- Improperly secured equipment or materials
- PPE violations
- Confined space accidents.
Anyone call fall victim to a Construction accident including:
- Construction workers.
But no matter how an accident occurs and who gets injured, it's important to know what action should be taken.
Construction Accidents Are Common In New York
Construction-related accidents are especially common in New York City where development is constantly taking place and danger levels are particularly high. There are thousands of workers involved in the construction sector and while most are trained to do their job safely, sometimes there's no accounting for the many accidents that take place.
When these accidents occur, those involved should have a reliable Manhattan construction accident lawyer on hand to make sure they are protected in case of an injury.
Different Types of Construction Accidents
When we think about possible accidents that can take place on a construction site, there is a variety that can occur. These include the following:
- Falls: Slips and falls occur often on construction sites and can become more likely if a company has not taken adequate precautions to avoid them. If workers fall from scaffolds, the fall can be extremely serious. Unfortunately, these falls occur more often than we would like to believe and, once they happen, it is important to have the right attorney to represent you.
- Chemical Spills: Construction zones are places where a lot of chemicals can be present. Hazardous chemicals should be clearly marked and properly contained to protect workers, but this is not always the case. Consult legal counsel in order to know what steps to take if a chemical spill occurs.
- Burns and Shocks: Burns and shocks are other injuries that are common at construction sites. Faulty wiring and equipment could be to blame or there could be insufficient protection provided to the workers.
All these situations can lead to a loss of wages and expensive medical care. It's important to determine who is responsible so that these expenses don't fall on whoever sustained the injury. That's why it's necessary to find a New York lawyer who is experienced with these different types of injuries and knows how to handle them to see to it that justice is served.
Michael Redenburg is a New York personal injury lawyer experienced in a variety of construction site-related accidents. Here is how he takes action to see to it that your expenses are covered when an injury occurs.
Things To Consider After A Construction Accident Has Occurred
- Medical Coverage: Companies often try to avoid paying the medical costs for workers that have been injured on the job. These expenses can be quite high, depending on the type of injury sustained. Attorney Michael Redenburg sees to it that a company pays for the medical expenses they are responsible for.
- Loss Wages: If you get hurt on the job, you may need to take time off to recover. Michael Redenburg will make sure that you are compensated so that you do not incur any lost wages while taking time off to heal.
- Disability Benefits: In some scenarios, injuries can be so bad that they lead to permanent disabilities. In these cases, disabilities can be severe enough that a person will not be able to return to work, making their benefits checks their only source of income. Michael Redenburg will make sure you get adequate benefits so that you are able to live comfortably.
- Death Benefits: In the unfortunate case that a loved one is lost due to a construction-related accident, Michael Redenburg will make sure that the family of the worker gets the benefits they need to make up for any financial loss incurred.
Compensation As Allowed By Law
Anyone injured as a result of the negligence of another party, including in a Construction Accident, may be entitled to Financial compensation from a lawsuit, and more. The Redenberg law offices will explore all avenues available making sure no stone is unturned in getting you through this difficult time.
When an injury occurs, one of the first things you should do is call a trustworthy Manhattan construction accident lawyer like Michael Redenburg. His years of experience will help provide the best forms of evidence to support your claim. He will make sure you take the right avenue when it comes to filing a claim to see to it that you and your family are protected.
April 6, 2022: A worker died after falling about 20 feet down a shaft at a Queens construction site, officials said. FDNY officials said units responded to a building on St. Nicholas Avenue near Myrtle Avenue in Ridgewood around 3 p.m. after getting word a person had fallen down a large hole. The man, who was working at the construction site, was taken to Wyckoff Hospital where he was initially listed in critical condition, according to police and fire officials. He later died from his injuries, according to police.
Contact Our New York City Construction Accident Office
A construction site injury is never pleasant, but with the help of a reliable New York City construction accident attorney, your experience will be as stress-free as possible and you will get the compensation you deserve. If you are injured, call Michael Redenburg to find out how he can make sure your expenses are covered and justice is served.